Sign in with
Your question

My NIC doesn't work

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
January 22, 2010 12:21:54 PM

Hey!

I have a HP Pavilion d4895.se. It came with Windows Vista and I wanted Xp so I installed that, and it worked. That was a few years ago. Then my hard drive crashed and I got a new Xp CD and installed Xp again (new hard drive obviously). This time the NIC doesn't work.

This is the hardware info: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I don't think there exists a motherboard driver I can get without using Vista or something like that. But anyway my NIC worked right out of the "box" last time when I insalled Xp, and also when I tried installing Ubuntu. So there must be some kind of driver I can get for my NIC that makes it work, right? Can you help me find some sort of NIC driver, please?

More about : nic work

Anonymous
January 23, 2010 12:03:23 AM

I can't use that since it requires internet access to use (it sends information about the hardware and downloads appropriate drivers).
Related resources
January 23, 2010 12:28:51 AM

How did you install the drivers a couple years ago? What NIC is it?
January 23, 2010 1:09:14 AM

Go into the Device manager andd see if it is listed there or if there are listings for any unknown devices - go to them and use the option to update the driver and see if it finds the proper driver.
!