While 60 Gig SSD is on the small size, I'd still go for it.
1) with ONLY the SSD attached set the bios to ahci.
2) Install windows 7.
3) let windows do it's update thingy and install MB drivers.
4) check system out. If good continue.
5) perform some tweeks.
... Disable Hibernation (save 4->6 Gigs
... Reduce page file (if 4 gigs set both Min and max to 1024 megs. If more than 4 gigs ram use 512 mb for min/max. Push comes to shove the page file can be set to zero for C drive and placed on HDD.
... Move My doucment folder to HDD (D drive).
6) connect up HDD.
7) install MOST used programs using the default path "C:......."
8) For programs that you do not use that often set path to HDD
Move My docs folder:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/move-the-my-documents-folder-to-another-drive/a41eaabb-2c5b-4502-85ba-fd49a007fd82
Changing size of virtual memory (page file):http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-size-of-virtual-memory