My Hyper X SSD will not show up in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorwallace9

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hey everyone, i recently purchased a 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD. I plugged in the SATA and power connectors but in windows nothing shows up besides my regular WD black HDD. I've tried almost all the sata 3 ports and ive used three different sata cables.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Could somebody screenshot or tell me where to see if the drive even shows up in the bios? im still what you call, a pc noob.
CPU: I5-2500K Non O.C'd

Solution
Have you tried entering into the BIOS checking for new drives saving and then exiting to boot into windows?
If not, do it.
It has to first reflect in the BIOS as a drive connected to a sata port and then it'll be seen by the OS.

"Gigabyte mainboards allow full access to BIOS functions only if you press Ctrl-F1 key combination in the main BIOS window."

bios09.png

bios10.png

bios11.png

And for a more fuller description , go thru the Manual or you can check this out too...
Have you tried entering into the BIOS checking for new drives saving and then exiting to boot into windows?
If not, do it.
It has to first reflect in the BIOS as a drive connected to a sata port and then it'll be seen by the OS.

"Gigabyte mainboards allow full access to BIOS functions only if you press Ctrl-F1 key combination in the main BIOS window."

bios09.png

bios10.png

bios11.png

And for a more fuller description , go thru the Manual or you can check this out too
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/gigabyte-ga-z68x-ud3h-b3_4.html#sect0

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.