Lost items

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Anyone had their sims suddenly lose something they were holding? I
watched one sim trying to prepare a meal - they took it out of the
oven, but when there was no counter to set it on, the meal just
disappeared. I repeated this several times. Not sure if it counted
against my fridge inventory but I bet it did.

This wasn't a problem until the other day I had a sim using the
fingerprint scanner (career reward item). He came strolling back in the
house without it, and it is GONE. I've searched everywhere on the lot
and he didn't just set it down. And now I can't get another one - seems
to be only one career reward per lifetime. What a bummer.

--
---->Sagittaria<----

You give a man a fish, and he'll know where to come for fish ...
You teach a man to fish, and you've just destroyed your market base.

Sagittaria wrote:
> Anyone had their sims suddenly lose something they were holding? I
> watched one sim trying to prepare a meal - they took it out of the
> oven, but when there was no counter to set it on, the meal just
> disappeared. I repeated this several times. Not sure if it counted
> against my fridge inventory but I bet it did.
>
> This wasn't a problem until the other day I had a sim using the
> fingerprint scanner (career reward item). He came strolling back in
> the house without it, and it is GONE. I've searched everywhere on
the
> lot and he didn't just set it down. And now I can't get another
one -
> seems to be only one career reward per lifetime. What a bummer.

I haven't had it myself, but I have heard of this problem, including
people losing the scanner.

If you want the scanner back, I suggest you download the file done by
Ms. Carrigon that lets you simply buy the rewards

Sagittaria <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message news:<Xns958C71B5960CDsagittaria@216.168.3.44>...
> Anyone had their sims suddenly lose something they were holding? I
> watched one sim trying to prepare a meal - they took it out of the
> oven, but when there was no counter to set it on, the meal just
> disappeared. I repeated this several times. Not sure if it counted
> against my fridge inventory but I bet it did.
>
> This wasn't a problem until the other day I had a sim using the
> fingerprint scanner (career reward item). He came strolling back in the
> house without it, and it is GONE. I've searched everywhere on the lot
> and he didn't just set it down. And now I can't get another one - seems
> to be only one career reward per lifetime. What a bummer.

Well, there's always the possibility to quit without saving.

The fingerprint scanner is a very nice item. You can have another Sim
take up that career and get it. And it just might be that if your
law&order Sim starts over (find job in newspaper) perhaps maybe that
Sim can get another.

I like my Sims to hold different jobs and change when they get the
reward, but I haven't played a single house enough to get a complete
collection in one house. So far, I dislike the biotech station,
because you have to sell the medicine every few seconds; but one
Sim with an instructor made it from level 8 to 9 in just 4 medicines,
so it's a powerful item.

I like the execu-putter better than the podium (both give Charisma),
I'm baffled by the hydroponic plants, I like the obstacle course a lot,
the lie detector is okay, and I haven't managed to get the two others.

I had a teenaged Sim with 10 neat, raised on smart milk, with an
instructor, he and his dad both wearing thinking caps, and he breezed
through the first 6 levels of cleaning skill in a couple of hours,
having built up his Fun so he could do his homework. Not bad.