Laptop won't boot

There are two scenarios:
One in which the laptop boots ok and one in which it does not.
The laptop is connected directly to the mains and the battery is
removed in both scenarios.

Laptop boots ok scenario:
1. Switch on laptop
2. Hit pause key (to halt boot process)
3. Leave for approx. 10 minutes.
4. Hit any key to continue boot process.

Laptop does not boot ok scenario:
As above but without hitting the pause key and waiting approx. 10
minutes before continuing the boot process.

What does this mean?

PS: Laptop is an Advent 5480DVD although I don't think this is
relevant to the problem.
1 answer Last reply
More about laptop boot

    It would be an amazing coincidence if your notebook had the same problem as
    mine...but, if i try to boot mine with a usb hub plugged into the back of it
    the boot doesnt happen, its fine with a single usb device plugged in but the
    hub keeps it from booting.
    "DOG" <xsxsxs@freeuk.com> wrote in message
    > There are two scenarios:
    > One in which the laptop boots ok and one in which it does not.
    > The laptop is connected directly to the mains and the battery is
    > removed in both scenarios.
    >
    > Laptop boots ok scenario:
    > 1. Switch on laptop
    > 2. Hit pause key (to halt boot process)
    > 3. Leave for approx. 10 minutes.
    > 4. Hit any key to continue boot process.
    >
    > Laptop does not boot ok scenario:
    > As above but without hitting the pause key and waiting approx. 10
    > minutes before continuing the boot process.
    >
    > What does this mean?
    >
    > PS: Laptop is an Advent 5480DVD although I don't think this is
    > relevant to the problem.

Laptops Boot