MSI Ati Radeon 4890 OC edition screeching...?

psycrosis

Aug 2, 2009
Hello

I have been running my computer since the start of september running my Radeon 4890 card and recently i have started doing some gaming on it to take advantage of the power of my new computer...

but everytime i start a game a sound comes from the case from the video card like a screech or a whine.... and i changes in pitch to the processig going on.

Now ive opened the case to see maybe if its a wire hitting it or something but its complelty clear.

if anyone can help me with this id be thankful (and i dont mind if i have to send it in for replacement...its only 2 months old!!!)

PS... does anyone know of a good video card benchmarking test and sensor program to check temperature and cpu speed etc,etc.

thank you

leon2006

Distinguished
Its normal for the 4890 fan to increase speed when the GPU works such as when playing games. You can use CPU-Z and CPU-ID to get temp and voltage measurements(CPU, GPU, Memory, etc) while your PC is running. CCC also display the actual GPU temp and fans speed when your PC is running.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Does it sound like the fan is actually hitting something or is it just an annoying whirring? Sometimes fans can be annoying, but it's only a problem if it sounds like it's making contact with something. Which card do you have specifically?

TRENDING THREADS