NZXt Havik 140 Push /Pull

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
got a new system i was gonna o.c to 4.0 bt instead i increased form 100mhz to 103mhz which pused the speed up to 3.6 and with turbo on it goes to 4ghz but anyways to the point

the second fan on the naxt havik 140 i call it second fan in reagrds to the fan that is blowing the air out towards the exaust fan at the back. this fan for some reaons is very loud and noisy and makes like a humming sound and it is ******* iiritating. tho the fan on the right aside of heatisnk that is pushing the air in is quiet is there anyreaosn the fan on the left side pof the heatsink pushing the air out to the exuast fan is do dam loud ?

is there anything i can do in bios or anything at all it is brand new comp the people who built it ar the shop ptu the nzxt havik 140 in themselves idd they do somethinng wrong cause i read all the dB specs of the cooler befor ei bought it and it isnt suposed to be this loud espoecialy only 1 fan i checked if it was the exaust fan makeing the nosie bye stopping it and it wasnt and i checked al the other system fans which are quit to so i dont no why one fan on the naxt the one that is pushing the air out to the back of the case to the exaust fan is so loud when the other fan on the right side of the naxt havik heatsink is quiet as dead ***

it may be that the blade hub is not quite on the housing correctly, try gently but firmly pushing it back onto its bearing, you may find it easier to do after removing the fan and placing it on a flat surface firt though, rather than knocking your Heatsink out of whack :p
Moto

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
i dont thinks it thats i check bot they are on firmly tho on the right size fan the log and center piece is spiing on the left side one that is loud the fan is spining but the centerpiece is not i dunno i jsut had loud noises anyone else have this fan have this heatisnk and it is loudish?

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
i went into the bios and its the cpu fan on the heatsink that is cpu FAN OPT which is runing at jsut over 1300rpm and the fan on the right is jsut CPu fan is running at just over 1200 is there any progrma i can download or anything so i can set the other fan to 1200 to?

or anything i can do in the bios to lower it to 1200 like the other one i got a asus p8z68-v/gen3

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
at idle it is about 28-30 degress underoad in prime 95 100% cpu usage tempp doesnt go over 60

turbo should be set to AUTO in bios right not by all cores or by per core?

and i still cant get the dam fan on the nzxt havik 140 to slow down i still dont get why it is running at 1320rpm and the the other one is running at 1200 if i can set it to 1200 the dma noise its makeing would stop

ifi where to get a fan controller can i plug both the 140mm fans on the nzxt havik 140 into the fan controller instead of mobo so i can lower the speed on that fan that is making noise?

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
well i checked some videos and seems the rubber things that are use to hold the fans look diff on my one then that and they for some reason have each fan plugged into the mobo in seper slots for there power .

is this the reason one fan is running at higher than it max rpm witch is 1200 and instead it is running at 1300? i have a connecter that plugs into both fans and then jsut need to be plugged into the cpu fan socket should i try and put that on?

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
looks liek the problem is there are 3 pin connectors to the mobo which is why i cant reduce the fan speed is there any fix for this ?

i stil dont get why one fan is running at 1300rpm when the max is 1200