High idle temps i7-965 with liquid cooling.

bonababy

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hello! I want to know if the core temp of my system is too high with these components.

419945_10150611684154086_626114085_9236645_2045369734_n.jpg

431435_10150611684224086_626114085_9236646_1204650018_n.jpg

coretempp.png

bonababy

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

1. I think I'll read it again.
2. Err, can you suggest what stuff I need to clean the system? I might damage some parts. :(
3. Mostly it's Swiftech. The pump is mcp355. The block is GTZ. Not sure about the rad but I think it's MCR120-F.
4. Thank you. :D

What fan on the rad? Here's a cheap upgrade.... order the radiator mounts from Silverstone and install the thin 120.2 radiator from Swiftech. You'll have just enough space to fit it in. Tj09 is not an ideal WC case, but it will fit that much... I speak from personal experience.

Just get a can of compressed air to blow everything out. You may need to take off the fan or take out the rad to get the dust out of it.

blackpanther26

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
yeah. 2009 and no flush is not a good idea. It's best to flush your Water cooling system every year and clean it with boiling distilled water and then distilled white vinigar for about 30-45minutes but not more. Than boil more distilled water and flow it through the rad but this time shake it vigerously for about a couple of minutes till the water flows clear again.

Glade I went with the Tj07 instead.

bonababy

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

I think it's a Zalman fan. Can't say the exact model though. So, 1 radiator isn't enough for my system?

bonababy

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

As much as I want to clean the whole loop, I find it difficult because I think an external power supply is required and other technical stuff which I'm not that knowledgeable of. Is there an easier way to clean the whole LC system?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
So, 1 radiator isn't enough for my system?

1 radiator should be enough for that CPU-only loop, but most people don't just go with a single 120.

As much as I want to clean the whole loop, I find it difficult because I think an external power supply is required and other technical stuff which I'm not that knowledgeable of. Is there an easier way to clean the whole LC system?

It looks like you have some kind of glycol mix in your loop, so you are likely OK if you didn't want to drain the loop, but it's difficult to tell...might just be 'coolant'. Even so, you still might have stuff you need to address in your loop- who built it to begin with? Digital Storm? :/

I would start with at least blowing out your radiator with compressed air really, really well...there is a lot of dust that is visible in that case, so if it is there, it's also inside your radiator. (Not 'inside' but inside all the fins where air blows through...just clarifying).

A few things could be happening:

1) Dust buildup is greatly reducing the radiator's capacity to dissipate heat by acting as an insulator
2) Your pump is bad or failing (Is the coolant flowing when it is running?)
3) You have some kind of corrosion/clog inside your loop (likely the CPU block where restriction is the highest and blockage would occur)
4) Combination of any of the above

bonababy

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Since this is only a CPU-only loop, I'll not upgrade anymore. Yes, Digital Storm built this rig. That's why I don't know much about the maintenance of LC systems. :(

1. I think I'll start blowing it with compressed air already. I'll update you with that.
2. Yes it's flowing freely. I don't think there's a problem in the pump here.
3. This is the hard part for me. :(

Thank you very much for everyone's support. I'll try cleaning my system from all the dust that has built up through the years.