Sign in with
Your question

Imaging Does Not Find Drive

Last response: in Storage
September 29, 2011 5:57:32 AM

I used the windows 7 system image and it succesfully imaged my source drive to my new volume drive...as I went to startup repair to start the recovery it wasnt found...and gave me a error...i unplug it and made it a internal drive...still couldnt find it...so i went back to windows and i saw mmy drive in computer with "windowsimagebackup" but when i go to recoever it it cant find it....thats a fail.. now im simply trying to clone the drive with acronis true image instead of imaging it..

Anyone know why windows 7 system image tends to fail?? or did I do something wrong...my source drive is failing so i need to clone it or create a backup of it fast....
Anyone know why

More about : imaging find drive

a b $ Windows 7
a c 353 G Storage
September 29, 2011 3:36:17 PM

I'm a little confused. Your windows image file can not be on the HDD that you are trying to restore to if that is what you are tring to do.

What I do is I have a USB backup drive that I dedicated to Windows image files; Have 3 desktops and 3 laptops. I create the image to the USB drive (Only problem it wants to put it in the root director so after words I move it to a folder labeled ie RF711 (for one of my laptops). If need to restore then I recopy to the root directory. I have imaged all my systems (os +program) drives and used the win 7 restore at least half a dozen times in the last couple of monthes with no problems.
m
l
October 6, 2011 1:57:08 AM

RetiredChief said:
I'm a little confused. Your windows image file can not be on the HDD that you are trying to restore to if that is what you are tring to do.

What I do is I have a USB backup drive that I dedicated to Windows image files; Have 3 desktops and 3 laptops. I create the image to the USB drive (Only problem it wants to put it in the root director so after words I move it to a folder labeled ie RF711 (for one of my laptops). If need to restore then I recopy to the root directory. I have imaged all my systems (os +program) drives and used the win 7 restore at least half a dozen times in the last couple of monthes with no problems.

the windowsimagebackup was on my external drive not my source drive...
m
l
Related resources
!