How to save logon and password?

When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am presented
with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default home
page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access my
email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).

I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can I
get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember my
User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?

I will appreciate advice.

Some webpages are designed to disallow remembering of passwords. Outlook Web
Access is a good example (since one might consider it a security breach to
allow the saving of passwords there).

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

"Robert Judge" <RobertJudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am
> presented
> with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default
> home
> page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access
> my
> email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).
>
> I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can
> get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember
> my
> User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?
>
> I will appreciate advice.

Dear Delwin:
Thanks for your response. However, I don't think that is the answer. On
one of our computers, Outlook Web Access will retain the password, but not on
another. So, I believe it is a setting of some kind on the computer that
won't retain it. If I'm right, I need to know how to find that setting, and
how to change it so that it will keep log-on and password information
previously entered.

"Delwin Lee [MSFT]" wrote:

> Some webpages are designed to disallow remembering of passwords. Outlook Web
> Access is a good example (since one might consider it a security breach to
> allow the saving of passwords there).
>
> --
> Please reply in newsgroup.

> "Robert Judge" <RobertJudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am
> > presented
> > with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default
> > home
> > page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access
> > my
> > email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).
> >
> > I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can
> > get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember
> > my
> > User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?
> >
> > I will appreciate advice.

I wonder if Delwin or any one else has another suggestion here, please.