How to save logon and password?

When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am presented
with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default home
page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access my
email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).

I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can I
get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember my
User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?

I will appreciate advice.
3 answers Last reply
More about save logon password

    Some webpages are designed to disallow remembering of passwords. Outlook Web
    Access is a good example (since one might consider it a security breach to
    allow the saving of passwords there).

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Robert Judge" <RobertJudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am
    > presented
    > with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default
    > home
    > page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access
    > my
    > email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).
    >
    > I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can
    > get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember
    > my
    > User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?
    >
    > I will appreciate advice.

    Dear Delwin:
    Thanks for your response. However, I don't think that is the answer. On
    one of our computers, Outlook Web Access will retain the password, but not on
    another. So, I believe it is a setting of some kind on the computer that
    won't retain it. If I'm right, I need to know how to find that setting, and
    how to change it so that it will keep log-on and password information
    previously entered.

    "Delwin Lee [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Some webpages are designed to disallow remembering of passwords. Outlook Web
    > Access is a good example (since one might consider it a security breach to
    > allow the saving of passwords there).
    >
    > --
    > Please reply in newsgroup.

    > "Robert Judge" <RobertJudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am
    > > presented
    > > with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default
    > > home
    > > page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access
    > > my
    > > email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).
    > >
    > > I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can
    > > get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember
    > > my
    > > User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?
    > >
    > > I will appreciate advice.

    I wonder if Delwin or any one else has another suggestion here, please.

    "Robert Judge" wrote:

    > Dear Delwin:
    > Thanks for your response. However, I don't think that is the answer. On one of our computers, Outlook Web Access will retain the password, but not on another. So, I believe it is a setting of some kind on the computer that won't retain it. If I'm right, I need to know how to find that setting, and how to change it so that it will keep log-on and password information previously entered.
    >
    > "Delwin Lee [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    > > Some webpages are designed to disallow remembering of passwords. Outlook Web Access is a good example (since one might consider it a security breach to allow the saving of passwords there).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Please reply in newsgroup.

    > > "Robert Judge" <RobertJudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > When I open Internet Explorer in Windows XP Home Edition, I am presented with a logon asking for User Name and Password. This is at my default home page, which is is a server of some kind (Exchange?) which I use to access my email at my employer remotely throught Outlook Web Access (OWA).

    I have checked "Remember my Password" but it does not do so. How can
    I get the computer or the server (wherever it needs to be done) to remember
    my User Name and password, so that I do not have to type them each time?

    > > > I will appreciate advice.

Configuration Windows XP