Which Card??

XuraharaX

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro or M-Audio Delta 66 PCI...

For some recording/editing, mostly hobby related... whats your preference I have heard bad things about SB when it comes to audio editing, what are your thoughts??

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
If you're picky about sound quality, especially if you'll be doing some gaming or music listening on the side, you're going to want to avoid integrated sound. That said, don't buy Creative. Their software sucks and reliable tech support is close to nonexistent. Go with the M-Audio Delta.

mrmazo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I agree. Most sound cards and intigrated sound are made to process sound from gaming software and internet sources as well as mics for PC's, most of which have already been digitally converted. They can convert analog signals from external sources to digital, but, they really aren't specifically designed for it. For what you need, hooking up a turntable or cassette player, M-Audio is a company who's soul purpose is to design analog to digital interphases for PC's and as such, has come out with some excellent products (no, I don't work for M-Audio!!! ;) ) . Instead of the Delta 66, I would think the Delta 1010LT or better, the Audiophile 2496 would fit your needs. The 1010 might be overkill. The Delta 66 appears to be geared toward studio production where soundboards and multiple mics are used.

jura11

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hey man,listen best card for making music is Maudio(its cheap),for watching and listening music its good Asus.Asus its good card,but no for making music.I'm using Maudio Delta 1010LT,im very satisfied,sound its crystal clear,no clicks or pops,low latency,10 inputs and 10 outputs.Sound card for making music are other range than ASUS or Auzentech,Creative(great card for everyone,but not for musicians,just google it).You are need low latency,midi in out and lots of inputs and outputs.Go for Maudio,you are be very satisfied.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

oh sorry, m8, i thought this guys wanted it for playback, sorry didnt read the OP xD

yes i guess music production cards, are obvisouly good for making music and recording so yes

to OP: then ill leave u to the m-audio