A6 3670k over clocking

vipperstrike

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
ok the game im wanting to play is guild wars 2, skyrim, and multi task web pages and play facebook games ok i can do gw1 and do facebook games now with a p4 if gw is windowed so an a6 by itself is strong enough to do it but my question is how strong could i oc this have a 6670 in hybrid crossfire and run it on an micro atx mb and a FSP Group 400w power supply running 8 gigs of ram on windows 7 or would i even need to oc this

madwire3

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
everything ive seen on reviews and such say once you add a graphics card its good to go, id personally still benchmark without a card, with the duel graphics and lastly turn the integrated off if possible just cause im a curious monkey... gauge the system from that add on then determine if you need to overclock... ive been trying with my a8-3870k with some luck for a total new overclocker,, some good tips from fellow toms members but still getting some bottlenecking from my guess the northbridge but no idea really couldnt get much more help after a few messages...

another note, my cousin built himself a general use system just before i got the funds to order my stuff, he spent about 300 more then me on amd based system and that was 250ish towards a 550i gpu since he went non apu "didnt know abut em" and has a decent gaming machine now,, we compared benchmarks and i had him on everything except the graphics... novabench for example i score around 760 he got around 940,, only score that was higher then mine was the graphics, plus from what i understand a gpu takes some stress off the processor so thats also a plus..

sorry to ramble, hope this helps

vipperstrike

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
ok thanks after a few twiks i got the a8 3870k in my budget by using the MSI A55M-P35 mother board im still doing the hybrid xfire 6670 and ill be oc later when a full turtal comes out if it did like the sandy bridges did

madwire3

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
cool, i game but not too serious about frames per second as long as it doesnt affect gaming, my laptop "that im on right now" has a a8 3500m in it.. runs wow at 30fps, and the desktop with the 3870k runs it at 60, both are rated for more on benchmarks but wow seems to limit fps.. 30 fps is plenty for this guy,, 20 would
be enough really.. but still getting a gpu for the desktop, just gotta figure out whats best for my setup, all the 6670 cards are under 100 or close, way cheaper then i thought so now just gotta narrow down whats best from the group for my setup...

as for sandys i was not impressed one bit.. way overpriced for what you get, id spend that money on a better cpu and add a gpu to do what sandy failed to do.. then again thats why i went amd,, budget is my middle name :) love the a8's, more than satisfied with what they can do for the price, keep me posted on it

kropster

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Ok so I know it's a bit off topic but? I'm thinking of doing a crossfire with my a6-3670k and a HD 6450 will it make an improvement at all over the igp? I jst want to be able to play games like MOH warfighter, skyrim, bf3 etc on medium settings at 1440*900 resolution (even a little lower ) will the crossfire help me at all? Also I used amd overdrive to overclock my CPU from 2.7 to 3.5ghz would this have also oveclocked the gpu? Or do I have to do that separately?

kropster

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Ok so I know it's a bit off topic but? I'm thinking of doing a crossfire with my a6-3670k and a HD 6450 will it make an improvement at all over the igp? I jst want to be able to play games like MOH warfighter, skyrim, bf3 etc on medium settings at 1440*900 resolution (even a little lower ) will the crossfire help me at all? Also I used amd overdrive to overclock my CPU from 2.7 to 3.5ghz would this have also oveclocked the gpu? Or do I have to do that separately?

kropster

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012