Sign in with
Your question

Radiator size advice

Last response: in Overclocking
March 19, 2012 4:05:13 PM

Im on a dilemma at the moment on getting a new case whether is going to be a Corsair 650D or 600T? Honestly, i prefer the looks of the 600T but I found some issue of it on water cooling setup due to the limited spacing of the top of the case.

So the setup that I'm planning to do is not really a total high end. Thinking of just overcloking an i5 2500k and get a single gpu or perhaps two if there's sufficient room. I'm wondering with this kind of hardware cooling, how big is the radiator that I should use? Let just say enough to have a stable system with 30-35% overclocking.

More about : radiator size advice

a c 150 K Overclocking
March 19, 2012 4:24:23 PM

240mm rad, and a mid ranged pump!
March 19, 2012 4:26:53 PM

Will it gives me cpu temps below 65% on max load? Overclocked of course. Thanks by the way ;) 
Related resources
a c 150 K Overclocking
March 19, 2012 4:34:01 PM

Depends on ambient temps, but it all depends on what parts you choose for your watercooling adventures!
a c 328 K Overclocking
March 19, 2012 4:35:01 PM

Watercooling isn't as simple as that...and to be able to tell what you can or can't do, you'd need to know what to purchase. To do that, you'd need to have a budget in mind.

Also, how willing are you to modding that case to ensure there is ample room for all the watercooling gear you want to run? Mid cases aren't really that great for watercooling unless you are able to run compact gear and you have some desire to mod to make room when there isn't any.
March 19, 2012 4:55:11 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Watercooling isn't as simple as that...and to be able to tell what you can or can't do, you'd need to know what to purchase. To do that, you'd need to have a budget in mind.

Also, how willing are you to modding that case to ensure there is ample room for all the watercooling gear you want to run? Mid cases aren't really that great for watercooling unless you are able to run compact gear and you have some desire to mod to make room when there isn't any.

Well to be honest I am on a really tight budget if I were to complete the build in a short period. But since this will be more like a hobby of mine, so time is not really an issue and same goes to the budget as well since I can always upgrade the parts overtime. So for the first kit that I should get, which do you suggest? Perhaps maybe around 200 dollars? Im not sure what I could get with that value on your country but surely i can get a full kit here in Malaysia ;) 

We have swifttech and EK parts easily here, so either of those 2 which is better? Can help?. If fitting the parts without modding is no longer a choice, I think that wouldnt be a problem though I admit I'm not really a craftsmen type of person :sol: 
March 19, 2012 4:58:12 PM

amuffin said:
Depends on ambient temps, but it all depends on what parts you choose for your watercooling adventures!

Ambient temps should be between 30c to 36c at most. For the parts, I'm still not really sure which is best suits my needs. Besides, this is my first wc build, so the aim is literally just to get it done and learn slowly. ;) 
a b K Overclocking
March 21, 2012 3:09:26 PM

Quote:
Well to be honest I am on a really tight budget if I were to complete the build in a short period. But since this will be more like a hobby of mine, so time is not really an issue and same goes to the budget as well since I can always upgrade the parts overtime. So for the first kit that I should get, which do you suggest? Perhaps maybe around 200 dollars? Im not sure what I could get with that value on your country but surely i can get a full kit here in Malaysia ;) 

$200 in the US can get you a pretty good CPU-only loop. It's doable.

Quote:
We have swifttech and EK parts easily here, so either of those 2 which is better? Can help?. If fitting the parts without modding is no longer a choice, I think that wouldnt be a problem though I admit I'm not really a craftsmen type of person

As far a CPU blocks go, both are pretty similar and you'll see very little difference (1-3C) between similar blocks (for example, like the Swiftech Apogee XT v2 and EK Supreme HF). I've found EK to generally be more expensive, but it may be cheaper near you since EK is in Slovenia.
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 21, 2012 7:49:25 PM

if you're from MY, might wanna visit lowyat and see if they have any kits in stock - post back with your findings...or maybe you can ask the shop keeper to place an order for you. Or from the states :) 

*viewnet computer systems.

i had a friend there and asked him for getting me some mushkin ridgebacks where he did in a near similar fashion stated above.
March 22, 2012 4:15:30 AM

Lutfij said:
if you're from MY, might wanna visit lowyat and see if they have any kits in stock - post back with your findings...or maybe you can ask the shop keeper to place an order for you. Or from the states :) 

*viewnet computer systems.

i had a friend there and asked him for getting me some mushkin ridgebacks where he did in a near similar fashion stated above.

Not sure whether you've been there or not. lowyat is quite a big place lol. I have been trying to ask around about the kit but no luck. Luckily their forum site really help a lot and got people selling old items and even new items from abroad as well ;) 
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 7:07:51 AM

yeah i know of lowyat being big and all...look around. if the shopkeepers don't have it, they'll be happy to place an order for your WC'ing needs, though i'd suggest getting a pal with a credit card to help :) 

shoot custom if you wanna get it right and have a higher budget, shoot kits if you are a lil constrained. but like most have said before and now - $200 isn't much of a WC'ing investment.

if swiftech's - can you find the H20-Edge/Edge HD kits? not really a fan of koolance products apart from the bay res, so i don't know of their lineups(sans the cpu+QDC's)

*viewnet is the largest retailer giving the lowest prices than any other shop...might wanna check it out.
!