Setting up my new Corsair H60 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sionel

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
So, I wanted to make sure that I am going to set this up right when I get it but basically here's my question. The current water cooling kit I have in there which is a cheap AVC(Just found that out today) Currently has a setup with the radiator mounted on the case and then the fan with the grill pressed up against the radiator. Do I want to set up my H60 in the exact same fashion or is there another way i'm supposed to go about this? I watched several videos of the way people set up these cooling kits on a single fan is they would mount the Fan with the grill pressed up against the case and then the radiator. But the computer that I got has the Grill pressed against the case and the fan attached to it.

Sorry for long questions i'm pretty new to this stuff as this is my first non-OEM computer i've ever done and I am not sure how this works specifically. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
What really matters is which direction the fan is moving air.

The manufacture recommends that you push cool outside air INTO the case, but I advise against that. I'd push the air out of the case, as with every other cooler fan.

Actually, I have a push/pull set up, with a fan, radiator, and another fan, all pushing air out of the case thru the radiator. One fan is mounted to the case, which is mounted to the radiator, which has another fan mounted to it on the other side.

As for your situation, you may not be able to mount the radiator to the case, do to the size of the radiator.

The manufacture provideds long mounting screws to go thru the case, thru the fan, into the radiator mounting holes. This is the best and only way. How would...
What really matters is which direction the fan is moving air.

The manufacture recommends that you push cool outside air INTO the case, but I advise against that. I'd push the air out of the case, as with every other cooler fan.

Actually, I have a push/pull set up, with a fan, radiator, and another fan, all pushing air out of the case thru the radiator. One fan is mounted to the case, which is mounted to the radiator, which has another fan mounted to it on the other side.

As for your situation, you may not be able to mount the radiator to the case, do to the size of the radiator.

The manufacture provideds long mounting screws to go thru the case, thru the fan, into the radiator mounting holes. This is the best and only way. How would you screw into the fan thru the radiator?

Good Luck.

Solution

Sionel

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Push Pull is actually what I wish to achieve. I bought a second fan for specifically this situation. That second part was what I wanted opinions on as the install guide shows the grill against against the case which would mean that the air is being pulled in. There is a ventilation shaft just about 10 inches away from my computer "purposefully" and I was wondering if that would be the best idea to justs have it pulling air from outside.

Sionel

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012

So basically what you're saying is pulling the cool air in from outside is better than having it pushing the air inside out? I can add an exhaust fan else where if that would give me better temps I think

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If your case has excellent airflow to begin with, it shouldn't matter. If your case suffers from poor airflow, you need to consider this as part of your plan when mounting a radiator and fans. Air blowing through a rad is going to be significantly slowed, so those fans aren't going to make a huge difference one way or another when thinking they will make significant differences in case air flow.

Sionel

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Decided to use it as an exhaust fan and added 2 intake fans instead to the front of the case, running at 4.9 ghz, i'm seeing 69 degrees after 2 and a half hour Prime95 run. thanks for all the answers

Status
Not open for further replies.