Hi all,
does anyone know, how to skip the EA and the MAXIS logos at startup?
Slowly they start bugging me...

Greets

Daniel

"Daniel Schall" <news-t-online@inert.dtdns.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> does anyone know, how to skip the EA and the MAXIS logos at startup?
> Slowly they start bugging me...
>

> Greets
>
> Daniel

As the first one is playing, click the mouse and it will skip the second
one. I know there's a way to remove both, but I can't remember :)
--
Carrigon
http://carrigon.proboards15.com

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:28:41 -0500, "Julie Carrigon"
<carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote:

>"Daniel Schall" <news-t-online@inert.dtdns.net> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> does anyone know, how to skip the EA and the MAXIS logos at startup?
>> Slowly they start bugging me...
>
>As the first one is playing, click the mouse and it will skip the second
>one. I know there's a way to remove both, but I can't remember :)

Too bad it's the first one that's so annoying. I've hated that "EA
Games--challenge evvrything" since the first time I heard it. I now
cringe every time I hear it.

I hope someone does know how to get rid of them both. And the movie
if possible. I tried the old -skip intro thing, and it didn't seem to
work.

BW

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:28:41 -0500, "Julie Carrigon"
> <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote:
>
>> "Daniel Schall" <news-t-online@inert.dtdns.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>> does anyone know, how to skip the EA and the MAXIS logos at
startup?
>>> Slowly they start bugging me...
>>
>> As the first one is playing, click the mouse and it will skip the
>> second one. I know there's a way to remove both, but I can't
>> remember :)
>
> Too bad it's the first one that's so annoying. I've hated that "EA
> Games--challenge evvrything" since the first time I heard it. I now
> cringe every time I hear it.
>
> I hope someone does know how to get rid of them both. And the movie
> if possible. I tried the old -skip intro thing, and it didn't seem
> work.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier (as they are both
incredibly annoying), but many times, if you simply take out the
movies in question, the game will not complain.

So I just tried it, and it works.

\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims2\TSData\Res\Movies

There should be 2 movie files (they even in movie), one for the intro,
one for the EA logo (it's pretty obvious which is which). Just delete
them (or to be safe, move them to another folder). (There are also
subfolders, but leave them alone)

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:28:41 -0500, "Julie Carrigon"
> > <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "Daniel Schall" <news-t-online@inert.dtdns.net> wrote in message
> startup?
> >>
> >> As the first one is playing, click the mouse and it will skip the
> >> second one. I know there's a way to remove both, but I can't
> >> remember :)
> >
> > Too bad it's the first one that's so annoying. I've hated that "EA
> > Games--challenge evvrything" since the first time I heard it. I now
> > cringe every time I hear it.
> >
> > I hope someone does know how to get rid of them both. And the movie
> > if possible. I tried the old -skip intro thing, and it didn't seem
> > work.
>
> I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier (as they are both
> incredibly annoying), but many times, if you simply take out the
> movies in question, the game will not complain.
>
> So I just tried it, and it works.
>
> \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims2\TSData\Res\Movies
>
> There should be 2 movie files (they even in movie), one for the intro,
> one for the EA logo (it's pretty obvious which is which). Just delete
> them (or to be safe, move them to another folder). (There are also
> subfolders, but leave them alone)

Thanks, Jeremy. I'll have to give that a try. I'm sick of seeing it as
well. They really should have left the skipintro code in :(
--

Julie Carrigon wrote:
> "Jeremy Reaban" wrote...
<snip>
>> I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier (as they are both
>> incredibly annoying), but many times, if you simply take out the
>> movies in question, the game will not complain.
>>
>> So I just tried it, and it works.
>>
>> \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims2\TSData\Res\Movies
>>
>> There should be 2 movie files (they even in movie), one for the
>> intro, one for the EA logo (it's pretty obvious which is which).
>> Just delete them (or to be safe, move them to another folder).
>> (There are also subfolders, but leave them alone)
>
> Thanks, Jeremy. I'll have to give that a try. I'm sick of seeing it
> as well. They really should have left the skipintro code in :(

Yes, they should keep that important code in. Same as Barbara, I totally
loathe the EA logo thingy.

Ashikaga

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:48:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:28:41 -0500, "Julie Carrigon"
>> <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "Daniel Schall" <news-t-online@inert.dtdns.net> wrote in message
>startup?
>>>
>>> As the first one is playing, click the mouse and it will skip the
>>> second one. I know there's a way to remove both, but I can't
>>> remember :)
>>
>> Too bad it's the first one that's so annoying. I've hated that "EA
>> Games--challenge evvrything" since the first time I heard it. I now
>> cringe every time I hear it.
>>
>> I hope someone does know how to get rid of them both. And the movie
>> if possible. I tried the old -skip intro thing, and it didn't seem
>> work.
>
>I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier (as they are both
>incredibly annoying), but many times, if you simply take out the
>movies in question, the game will not complain.
>
>So I just tried it, and it works.
>
>\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims2\TSData\Res\Movies
>
>There should be 2 movie files (they even in movie), one for the intro,
>one for the EA logo (it's pretty obvious which is which). Just delete
>them (or to be safe, move them to another folder). (There are also
>subfolders, but leave them alone)

Worked like a charm! Thanks, Jeremy!

There goes 40+ megs worth of movies I don't need.

BW

I've tried it too and did exactly what was described. I got rid of the
actual intro movie, but the "ea games, yada yada" is still playing - how can
that be ???
:(

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:58:41 GMT, "chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote:

>I've tried it too and did exactly what was described. I got rid of the
>actual intro movie, but the "ea games, yada yada" is still playing - how can
>that be ???

Did you move ealogo_audio.movie out of that folder?

BW

"chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote in message
> I've tried it too and did exactly what was described. I got rid of the
> actual intro movie, but the "ea games, yada yada" is still playing - how can
> that be ???
> :(

Just add ".backup" at the end, like so:
\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\intro_eng_audio.movie.backup

If you're happy with the results, you can then delete the file altogether.

-:|:-
AngleWyrm

> \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims2\TSData\Res\Movies
>
> There should be 2 movie files (they even in movie), one for the intro,
> one for the EA logo (it's pretty obvious which is which). Just delete
> them (or to be safe, move them to another folder). (There are also
> subfolders, but leave them alone)

Thank you, it works great.
I'm gonna try it with some other EA games too :)

Daniel

I tried it and it does not work. both movies are now renamed AND located in
a different folder somewhere else. But I still get that "EA games, challenge
everything" jingle at the beginning (the intro movie itself is gone though)

guess I must have a special edition of the game ...

: (

> I tried it and it does not work. both movies are now renamed AND located
in
> a different folder somewhere else. But I still get that "EA games,
challenge
> everything" jingle at the beginning (the intro movie itself is gone
though)

> guess I must have a special edition of the game ...
>
> : (

i found the movie file :)
there is another movie file under the language files look in the movies
folder and rename/delete ealogo_audio.movie from here:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Locale\Norwegian\Movies

KH

Hey Kenneth - you are a HERO :)=)

your sugestion finally worked for me

thank you very much : ))