Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard & mouse not recognized

Last response: in CPUs
January 23, 2010 3:55:53 AM

Had computer in shop and after they installed a new hard drive and power supply it worked fine there. when i set it up at home the keyboard and mouse weren't recognized. i unplugged both, checked batteries, changed keyboard and mouse with older ones but nothing. had to keep hitting restart button to restart and a window popped up wanting to install video stream. without a working keyboard or mouse I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. i won't be able to return the CPU to the shop until Monday and they already had it for 12 days telling me the registry was corrupted/bloated and it needed a new hard drive & p/s. they built it for me 4 years ago and i've had very few problems. any suggestions?
January 23, 2010 7:35:37 PM

Try reinstalling the drivers. ofc you will need to use another mouse and keyboard, i dont see why the registry would corrupt unless you did numerous incorrect shutdowns, or messed with it, u can pick up a cheap mouse or keyboard from most places that sell electricals for like less then £10 for both, or lend it off a friend, if that isnt working then maybe ur USB ports have had it ....

registry should not the problem because when your using a computer in DOS the keyboard doesnt have registry as the GUI is not there ....

m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 26, 2010 12:56:17 AM

adamomatic19 said:
Try reinstalling the drivers. ofc you will need to use another mouse and keyboard, i dont see why the registry would corrupt unless you did numerous incorrect shutdowns, or messed with it, u can pick up a cheap mouse or keyboard from most places that sell electricals for like less then £10 for both, or lend it off a friend, if that isnt working then maybe ur USB ports have had it ....

registry should not the problem because when your using a computer in DOS the keyboard doesnt have registry as the GUI is not there ....

Cannot reinstall (or INSTALL for that matter) anything without an operational keyboard and mouse. Obviously unable to get to the registry either.
m
l
!