Crossfire issues with P6x58 premium?

rbarrett

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Hey guys, I just got my Sapphire Vapor-X 5850 from New Egg and when I installed it on my P6x58 Premium I noticed that there is either no space to install a 2nd card in the next slot or if there is, there will be Zero air going to the fan on top, which is how the vapor-x gets such great temps.

Is it that dangerous to have them right next to each other like that? I'm worried about them shorting each other out as well although I could maybe jam a spacer or two in between.

I would also have a 200 mm side fan blowing directly on them from my Storm Sniper BE if that would make up for it. Otherwise, I'll have to settle for the crappier asrock extreme 3 board w/the double wide PCI slots....Thoughts?

No worries about shorting out a card, but the primary does get hot, even on an open system
Same board , different cards

2uy29eu.jpg

rbarrett

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I noticed you're using sli there. Are the sapphire ATI cards any wider? I haven't had a 2nd card to actually put in the slot, but it is going to be very close and the design of the vapor-x is open, so all the circuitry is just right out there. Makes me nervous....