Sign in with
Your question

Buying before the end of the day and need a cpu cooler

Last response: in Systems
November 7, 2009 7:41:16 AM

Ok i have posted my build 2x and im am finally done but the cooler after reading more about the strom scout saying you will have to remove the top fan and a side fan for the v8 to fit is there a better cooler to use that can compare i have seen good reviews about the v8 that make it a premium cooler. i do plan on over clocking.

case storm scout
build lga 1156
cooler for now cm v8

Please any input would help. even other reviews on 1156 coolers
a c 78 à CPUs
November 7, 2009 8:53:24 AM

kc_Sheets said:
Ok i have posted my build 2x and im am finally done but the cooler after reading more about the strom scout saying you will have to remove the top fan and a side fan for the v8 to fit is there a better cooler to use that can compare i have seen good reviews about the v8 that make it a premium cooler. i do plan on over clocking.

case storm scout
build lga 1156
cooler for now cm v8

Please any input would help. even other reviews on 1156 coolers

Here is a good alternative... Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
m
l
November 7, 2009 1:53:18 PM

As an owner of a CoolerMaster Scout, I'm going to recommend against the V8. It will be an UNUSUALLY tight squeeze getting that cooler in your case. Specifically, the top 140 mm fan in your case will be dangerously close (if not touching it) to being pressed against the top edge of your V8. Due to space constraints I went with...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For my Scout. I played it safe... I wasn't going to be doing any extreme OC'n so my N520 is plenty for me. You ARE space limited by your case choice so choose wisely.
m
l
November 7, 2009 1:59:54 PM

The orignal plea was for that reason but after reading the review on the cool master hyper 212 plus it shows it doesnt cool nearly as good. Also reading other reviews about the v8 and strom scout people also said the cooler has to be moved in the correct position for it to fit right the way the v8 face's makes a difference also stated in a review. The problem with reviews is there not always legit but if figured everyone here would have more ideas or help.

Everyone has already helped a lot. I will be posting a lot more on here to help others also.
m
l
!