sims 2 system requirements

Last response: in Video Games
a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
October 27, 2004 12:44:02 AM

Hi

Can anyone tell me what these are for cpu, memory gfx etc.

thanks

Gary
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
October 27, 2004 12:44:03 AM

geepeetee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me what these are for cpu, memory gfx etc.
>
> thanks

CPU: 800 MHz
RAM: 256 megs
Video Card: 32 megs at least, T&L capable (GeForce 2 or greater, ATI
7200 or greater)

I have just barely over the minimum specs (1 GHZ Duron, 384 megs o'
ram, GeForce 3) and I am actually pleasantly surprised at how well it
runs, but at the same time, I'm missing out on a lot of graphics
frills, and am probably going to upgrade comptuers as soon as I can.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
October 27, 2004 3:38:26 AM

Hi

Thanks for reply, what is "T & L" capable.

I have a geforce 2 mx 400, does this have it the T & L do you know?

cheers
Gary
"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> geepeetee wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what these are for cpu, memory gfx etc.
>>
>> thanks
>>

> CPU: 800 MHz
> RAM: 256 megs
> Video Card: 32 megs at least, T&L capable (GeForce 2 or greater, ATI
> 7200 or greater)
>
> I have just barely over the minimum specs (1 GHZ Duron, 384 megs o'
> ram, GeForce 3) and I am actually pleasantly surprised at how well it
> runs, but at the same time, I'm missing out on a lot of graphics
> frills, and am probably going to upgrade comptuers as soon as I can.

a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
October 27, 2004 3:38:27 AM

geepeetee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for reply, what is "T & L" capable.

It doesn't say on the box, but I'm pretty sure it means Transform &
Lighting. Or something like that.

I think it's been on all GeForces starting with 2, so I think you
squeaked by.
October 27, 2004 2:28:04 PM

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> schreef in bericht
> geepeetee wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks for reply, what is "T & L" capable.
>
> It doesn't say on the box, but I'm pretty sure it means Transform &
> Lighting. Or something like that.

Yeah, I always wondered what it meant too ;o)

> I think it's been on all GeForces starting with 2, so I think you
> squeaked by.

November 2, 2004 12:26:58 AM

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> geepeetee wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what these are for cpu, memory gfx etc.
>>
>> thanks
>>

> CPU: 800 MHz
> RAM: 256 megs
> Video Card: 32 megs at least, T&L capable (GeForce 2 or greater, ATI
> 7200 or greater)
>
> I have just barely over the minimum specs (1 GHZ Duron, 384 megs o'
> ram, GeForce 3) and I am actually pleasantly surprised at how well it
> runs, but at the same time, I'm missing out on a lot of graphics
> frills, and am probably going to upgrade comptuers as soon as I can.

Even on my 2800Mhz pc with Radeon 9800 Pro it still feels jerky :S
!