Sign in with
Your question

Nas server that will work with 3tb drives

Last response: in Storage
September 30, 2011 8:11:39 PM

Hello,
I have receiently bought a d-link sharecentre pulse & 2 3 TB harddrives to go with it. Apart from a few annoying problems detecting the drive I managed to set it up throught the inbuilt url the problem is when formatting the 2 drive for any of the available configurations (in this case RAID1 it recognises the drives as 3TB but formats them to 750GB ? the centre appears to be running the latest version of firmware (2.0) any ideas ?
September 30, 2011 8:53:31 PM

johng123 said:
Hello,
I have receiently bought a d-link sharecentre pulse & 2 3 TB harddrives to go with it. Apart from a few annoying problems detecting the drive I managed to set it up throught the inbuilt url the problem is when formatting the 2 drive for any of the available configurations (in this case RAID1 it recognises the drives as 3TB but formats them to 750GB ? the centre appears to be running the latest version of firmware (2.0) any ideas ?

You didn't mention what OS you are using. But while trying to install W7 x64 on a RAID0 array I ran across a note somewhere that said Windows cannot recognize RAID volumes larger than 2TB. Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw that tidbit as it doesn't apply to my situation (both my drives are 750GB for a total capacity of 1.5TB in RAID0).
!