lots and houses bin

Last response: in Video Games
October 28, 2004 10:10:52 PM

there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin

i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I thought
bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear in the lots and
houses bin, but then i realized that there was a tool to move lots and
houses into the lots and houses bin

is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre built and
came installed on the game?

--
Thanks,

Chris.

More about : lots houses bin

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 10:10:53 PM

Christo wrote:
> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
>
> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
tool
> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
>
> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
> built and came installed on the game?

Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
neighborhoods and the house bin.

The backup is in

\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog

There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
where x is a number from one to twelve.

All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
My Documents

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 5:49:54 PM

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Christo wrote:
>> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
>>
>> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
>> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
>> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
> tool
>> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
>>
>> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
>> built and came installed on the game?
>
> Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
> neighborhoods and the house bin.
>
> The backup is in
>
> \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog
>
> There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
> where x is a number from one to twelve.
>
> All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
> My Documents
>
> \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

Thank you
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 10, 2009 4:29:45 PM

Quote:

Christo wrote:
> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
>
> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
tool
> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
>
> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
> built and came installed on the game?

Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
neighborhoods and the house bin.

The backup is in

\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog

There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
where x is a number from one to twelve.

All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
My Documents

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

I can not find the file you are talking about. Where is program files on your computer?
June 10, 2009 6:31:13 PM

...LOOK AT THE POST DATES!!!
!