lots and houses bin

there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin

i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I thought
bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear in the lots and
houses bin, but then i realized that there was a tool to move lots and
houses into the lots and houses bin

is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre built and
came installed on the game?

--
Thanks,

Chris.

Christo wrote:
> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
>
> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
tool
> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
>
> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
> built and came installed on the game?

Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
neighborhoods and the house bin.

The backup is in

\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog

There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
where x is a number from one to twelve.

All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
My Documents

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Christo wrote:
>> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
>>
>> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
>> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
>> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
> tool
>> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
>>
>> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
>> built and came installed on the game?
>
> Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
> neighborhoods and the house bin.
>
> The backup is in
>
> \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog
>
> There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
> where x is a number from one to twelve.
>
> All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
> My Documents
>
> \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

Thank you

kkayvivianlove

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009

Christo wrote:
> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
>
> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
tool
> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
>
> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
> built and came installed on the game?

Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
neighborhoods and the house bin.

The backup is in

\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog

There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
where x is a number from one to twelve.

All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
My Documents

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

I can not find the file you are talking about. Where is program files on your computer?