lots and houses bin

there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin

i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I thought
bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear in the lots and
houses bin, but then i realized that there was a tool to move lots and
houses into the lots and houses bin

is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre built and
came installed on the game?

--
Thanks,

Chris.
4 answers Last reply
More about lots houses

    Christo wrote:
    > there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
    >
    > i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
    > thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
    > in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
    tool
    > to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
    >
    > is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
    > built and came installed on the game?

    Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
    neighborhoods and the house bin.

    The backup is in

    \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog

    There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
    where x is a number from one to twelve.

    All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
    My Documents

    \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
    > Christo wrote:
    >> there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
    >>
    >> i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
    >> thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
    >> in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
    > tool
    >> to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
    >>
    >> is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
    >> built and came installed on the game?
    >
    > Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
    > neighborhoods and the house bin.
    >
    > The backup is in
    >
    > \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog
    >
    > There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
    > where x is a number from one to twelve.
    >
    > All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
    > My Documents
    >
    > \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

    Thank you
  3. Quote:

    Christo wrote:
    > there are lots of pre built houses in the lots and houses bin
    >
    > i made a one in veronaville but want the same one in pleasantview, I
    > thought bulldozing the house in veronaville would make it re appear
    > in the lots and houses bin, but then i realized that there was a
    tool
    > to move lots and houses into the lots and houses bin
    >
    > is there anyway i can recover this house at all seen as it was pre
    > built and came installed on the game?

    Yeah. When you install the sims, it makes a backup of all the original
    neighborhoods and the house bin.

    The backup is in

    \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\LotCatalog

    There should be 12 files there, all named like cx_000000x.package,
    where x is a number from one to twelve.

    All you have to do is copy those files to the Lot Catalog folder under
    My Documents

    \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Lot Catalog

    I can not find the file you are talking about. Where is program files on your computer?
  4. ...LOOK AT THE POST DATES!!!

Sims Games Video Games