Sign in with
Your question

Help me to upgrade my pc

Last response: in Motherboards
May 8, 2010 11:15:38 AM

i wanna upgrade only my processor and mobo..
my budget is rs.10500.. my present config is intel core2duo 2.2ghz, dg965ry mobo, 2gb ddr2 667 ram transcend ..and iam a hardcore fan of games

so please suggest me either amd or intel processors.. i know nothing about amd processors.. so plz give me a detailed description about it.
iam glad if i get a motherboard with greater onboard graphics memory

thank u in advance

More about : upgrade

a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2010 11:22:35 AM

So that's about $230 for a new motherboard, CPU, and GPU. That's gonna be hard. I say GPU because you mentioned that you will be using the computer for gaming. Well your best bet, imo, would be to get a am2+ board with a nice Athlon II CPU, and drop in your current RAM. Then use what you have left over to buy a decent graphics card. Where are you planning on buying from, so we can get an idea of what you can get?
m
l
May 9, 2010 7:52:00 AM

jbakerlent said:
So that's about $230 for a new motherboard, CPU, and GPU. That's gonna be hard. I say GPU because you mentioned that you will be using the computer for gaming. Well your best bet, imo, would be to get a am2+ board with a nice Athlon II CPU, and drop in your current RAM. Then use what you have left over to buy a decent graphics card. Where are you planning on buying from, so we can get an idea of what you can get?

iam in india.... i will buy them in markets....and not thro online
m
l
Related resources
May 9, 2010 7:53:27 AM

also suggest me if there are any options in intel?
m
l
May 9, 2010 8:29:42 AM

a motherboard with greater onboard graphics memory? hardcore fan of games?

those two remarks dont really play well with each other :) 

rs 10500 works out to about 260 aus dollars so I will work with that.

You really wont see any massive increase in performance with a motherboard and cpu change REGARDING gaming for 260 bucks.

Your current mobo has 4 ddr2 dimm slots and supports ddr2 800mhz ram, it also has a pciex16 slot for a graphics card! YAY!

A core 2 duo at 2.2ghz is still not to be sneezed at for gaming, 95 percent of games are still only threaded for 2 cores anyway! YAY!

Lets step outside the box for a minute and look at alternatives.

1. Bump the Frontsidebus on that cpu in you bios and give it a 400mhz kick in the pants. I say 400mhz because this should be easily achievable without increasing voltages and sacrificing life expectancy on a stock cooler. Also wont require much in the way of fiddling with settings on your part. (READ UP ON OC"ING BEFORE ATTEMPTING< UNDERSTAND THE SUBJECT BEFORE PLAYING)

2.Purchase an ati 5670 this will cost you around rs.5500.

3. Purchase a 4 gig kit (2x2gig sticks) of DDR2 800mhz CAS4 ram, will cost around rs.5000

This will give you a far better system for gaming than a processor and mother board change.

Alternatively if your still on windows xp you could forget the ram purchase and put all of that money towards a better video card. If your on vista or windows 7 I would take the extra ram and a slightly less capable video card.

Regards
m
l
!