Anyone use a blowdryer?

wootwoot66

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
OK this may come off as absurd but i was wondering if i could use a blowdryer to clean my computer or if that's a bad idea... also are there cans you can buy that you can refill with compressed air for cleaning a computer?

D

Deleted member 217926

Compressed air is safer and will give you a higher pressure blast of air so it cleans better as well.

eXistenZ

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I had a fan to a 212evo that sprayed smell throughout my apartment. Still smells. I thought it was a chemical but it was something else. I completely abused that mobo trying to get rid of the smell. I washed it in the sink. I sprayed electronics spray all over it. I ran a fan directly at it for a day. I heated the damn thing with a hair dryer, too. It survived.

ASUS P8Z68-V

and CM !

eXistenZ

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Make sure you have your fingers in the way. If it's too hot for you . . .

Isn't there a shut off point for the mobo just like the cpu (72 oC) ? If so, then one could expect that it could take that amount of heat.

Regarding refilling air, I saw a micro- vacuum cleaner somewhere, with a bunch of attachments specifically for cleaning electronics. I'll let you look for it, if you care, but IIRC it wasn't prohibitively expensive.

TRENDING THREADS