Sign in with
Your question

Ati Radeon 5750

Last response: in Overclocking
March 22, 2012 6:43:11 AM

I just need re-assurance on something.

Okay I made recent threads about this before but however..

I need to know if this power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-371-...

Is good enough to run an ATI Radeon 5750.

Because recently I tried a 480W PSU and I've faced the same problem. With the PCI-E connected to the card, my PC wont power on but with the PCI-E disconnected my PC Powers on with the GPU just on the gold connectors.

I just want to know if it's really my GPU that's faulty and not my PSU?

The Antec runs 12V on the 30A rail and it comes with it's own PCI-E cable..

EDIT : Sorry if this is in the wrong section... newbie here :whistle: 

More about : ati radeon 5750

a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 149 K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 6:44:28 AM

kind of weird, that card uses very low power I don't see why it shouldn't run.
March 22, 2012 6:47:59 AM

amuffin said:
kind of weird, that card uses very low power I don't see why it shouldn't run.

yeah that's what I want to know too...

When I connect the PCI-E and attempt to power on, I don't even hear any signs of life.. like any slight hint of the PC wanting to turn on, I only see the light on my power button go on however..
I've faced this same exact issue with my 480W PSU but that one was weaker on the 12V lines.

Also note that I transferred this PSU and GPU to another motherboard(PC) and attempted it.. nothing happened, same exact problem. PCI-E connected . = No signs of life , PCI-E disconnected = System boots . Fans all turn on and it even beeps too just as it does in any regular startups.
Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 149 K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 7:10:07 AM

Rma the card!
March 22, 2012 7:14:33 AM

amuffin said:
Rma the card!

So my PSU is good right? :o 
Just want to make sure
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2012 4:42:37 PM

have you tried 'PEG' (pci express graphics) or something like that (means switch to dgpu before pluging in power cables in gfx card) as your primary graphics adapter in bios.
March 22, 2012 6:50:47 PM

truegenius said:
have you tried 'PEG' (pci express graphics) or something like that (means switch to dgpu before pluging in power cables in gfx card) as your primary graphics adapter in bios.

I've heard of that but I don't think that's the cause of my PC not being able to power on? I've heard of people who's issue might be that but their PC powers on, only to find out that they don't have any display.
I however can't even test it out to see if I even receive display as I am unable to power my PC on with the PCI-E connected to the card.
March 26, 2012 10:07:40 AM

Man you say you got a 480w psu. But you did not tell what brand it is . Telling its brand will be helpful. And the antec 400w psu is more than enough for your gpu.
!