Setting up a RAID 1

I know, but I've lost too many hard drives before. I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard and I cannot get into the RAID bios.

I set the PCH SATA control mode to RAID but I can't get past there.

symbiotic
5 answers Last reply
More about setting raid
  1. Probably want to start by reading the RAID & 'FakeRAID': Speed vs Data Security section of the 'sticky' (otherwise labeled: "Read me FIRST!") [:bilbat:2]
  2. Hello bilbat,

I did read it and it helped some. Would a HighPoint RocketRAID 620 PCI-Express 2.0 x1 SATA 6.0Gb/s Controller Card help out? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115075
    I'm already way over what I originally budgeted.
  3. No - it'll do 'FakeRAID' as well. When you say it 'helped some', what do you mean? Are you still having trouble getting into the option ROM's 'RAID BIOS' to set up the array?
  4. Not the OP but I have the same problem.

Have 2 SATA hard drives in the same SATA connector group and I can't getthe RAID BIOS to show up. What options do I need to put in the BIOS to get it?

My board is a GA-P55-USB3 and my drives are the 500 caviar blue HD.
  5. I would not fool around with the XHD stuff at all! I love GBs, but they have a pretty bad history of semi-to-non-functional 'system utility' programs... Plug your drives into SATA2_0 and SATA2_1; enter the BIOS, go to the "Integrated Peripherals" page, and set "PCH SATA Control Mode" to "RAID(XHD)", again, leaving the top item, "eXtreme Hard Drive" disabled; do an <F10> to save, exit, and reboot; your drives will no longer show up in the POST's IDE drive detection - you should get a screen clear, and the screen shown in step 1, figure 2, on page 83 of your manual... Do the <CTRL-I> to enter the confguration utility, and then just follow along through page 85...
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte NAS / RAID Hard Drives Motherboards Product