Sign in with
Your question

Setting up a RAID 1

Last response: in Motherboards
May 8, 2010 5:44:28 PM

I know, but I've lost too many hard drives before. I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard and I cannot get into the RAID bios.

I set the PCH SATA control mode to RAID but I can't get past there.

symbiotic

More about : setting raid

a c 177 V Motherboard
May 8, 2010 5:55:39 PM

Probably want to start by reading the RAID & 'FakeRAID': Speed vs Data Security section of the 'sticky' (otherwise labeled: "Read me FIRST!") [:bilbat:2]
m
l
Related resources
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 15, 2010 2:35:15 PM

No - it'll do 'FakeRAID' as well. When you say it 'helped some', what do you mean? Are you still having trouble getting into the option ROM's 'RAID BIOS' to set up the array?
m
l
May 19, 2010 8:57:45 PM

Not the OP but I have the same problem.

Have 2 SATA hard drives in the same SATA connector group and I can't getthe RAID BIOS to show up. What options do I need to put in the BIOS to get it?

My board is a GA-P55-USB3 and my drives are the 500 caviar blue HD.
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 20, 2010 3:02:43 AM

I would not fool around with the XHD stuff at all! I love GBs, but they have a pretty bad history of semi-to-non-functional 'system utility' programs... Plug your drives into SATA2_0 and SATA2_1; enter the BIOS, go to the "Integrated Peripherals" page, and set "PCH SATA Control Mode" to "RAID(XHD)", again, leaving the top item, "eXtreme Hard Drive" disabled; do an <F10> to save, exit, and reboot; your drives will no longer show up in the POST's IDE drive detection - you should get a screen clear, and the screen shown in step 1, figure 2, on page 83 of your manual... Do the <CTRL-I> to enter the confguration utility, and then just follow along through page 85...
m
l
!