WinXP Home shutting down after startup(by itself)?!!??

September 1, 2004 8:09:00 PM

recently I shutdown- system hung for a few minutes... not
the first time- eventually it completed shutdown. Went to
restart and got welcome screen, then @ 30 seconds later
screen displays "windows is shutting down"...

Anyone got a clue?
I did finally do a safe boot and recover to last weeks
restore point and : so far so good, but will I be doing
this restore process many more times?
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 8:33:39 PM

Can't say, not sure what caused it.

I would make sure your antivirus software is up to date and do a scan of
your system as the symptom is that of some viruses we've seen lately.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

!