Sign in with
Your question

Packard Bell Easynote SJ51 BIOS upgrade

Last response: in Motherboards
May 8, 2010 8:43:50 PM

I went to the Packard Bell site and typed in the serial number etc and followed the instructions. The procedure generated a CD and I rebooted with this and the BIOS updated (apparently successfully). I was reading a message saying "Press any key to continue...." when the screen went blank. I didn't get a chance to press a key! Since then, on power up, the disk light comes on and the CD drive as well but nothing else. Is it possible to reset by removing the CMOS battery? If so, where have they hidden it!?
May 29, 2011 2:33:00 PM

ijriddell said:
I went to the Packard Bell site and typed in the serial number etc and followed the instructions. The procedure generated a CD and I rebooted with this and the BIOS updated (apparently successfully). I was reading a message saying "Press any key to continue...." when the screen went blank. I didn't get a chance to press a key! Since then, on power up, the disk light comes on and the CD drive as well but nothing else. Is it possible to reset by removing the CMOS battery? If so, where have they hidden it!?

hi,

i have exactly the same problem,
have you solve this problem, im angry the laptop is dead, or is it posiblem to return back, of reset witch a button of battery?

Thank You
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2011 3:12:59 PM

If your installation of the new bios was interrupted, you are looking at either a new bios chip for the laptop, or enjoy your new paperweight...
Sorry guys, no reset Cmos,removing battery etc is going to help you
Moto
Related resources
May 29, 2011 3:16:15 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
If your installation of the new bios was interrupted, you are looking at either a new bios chip for the laptop, or enjoy your new paperweight...
Sorry guys, no reset Cmos,removing battery etc is going to help you
Moto

hi,

do you now, where is it possible to buy a bioschip, it was not interupted, but the tool burned will burn in xp or vista, and was windows 7 in compartible mode, i do'n think thats the problem?
thank you.

kind regards john
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2011 4:34:02 PM

Your best bet is Googling your laptop exact model like this,
** Packard Bell Easynote sj51(or whatever model you have) bios chip**
and hunt one down, I spent a minute and couldn't find any though, you may be best off taking it to a laptop repairshop and letting them hunt one down for you
Moto
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2011 5:54:12 AM

Those laptops are BRICKED !!! GAME OVER !!!....Get a new MOBO forget the CMOS chip...the company will not sell you one I am sure of that. Pull the HDD and back it up to another computer, then buy your replacement parts, and I hope you have an OS disc. As you will probably need it upon installing the new MOBO...I haven't seen the Packard Bell name in years. Guess I am not as, up-to-date as I thought

Here I found a link for you that may help you out on finding replacement parts for it:

http://www.afterdawn.com/products/product_details.cfm/2...
!