• Configuration
  • Routers
  • Modem
  • Wireless Printer
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 6, 2012 12:16:39 PM

Hello,
wireless printer ip address is 192.168.1.101 and liksys's router io address is 10.0.0.2, connected to Comcast modem. I cant get the printer to print, it was ok until I changed service to Comcast.I understand the difference in io addresses have something to do with it. how can I remedy? Thank you very much

More about : wireless printer linsyss router router comcast modem

May 6, 2012 2:07:15 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You shouldn't need to set the printer's address at all, automatic DHCP should be doing that and it will be in the range 10.0.0.?? because the router is the hub of the network. Your Comcast MODEM only handles the incoming Internet DSL signal and hands it over to the router.

Press your Windows key and R together then type cmd /k ipconfig /all (including the spaces) then right click anywhere in teh black form that follows and press Enter. That clipboards all the information - come back here to a Reply form and press Control V to put it back into a post so we can see what's going on.

m
l
May 13, 2012 12:53:54 PM

Hi,
I solved the problem. I noticed the Comcast man connected cable from back of computer to comcast modem, bypassed the router. I just unplugged cable from back of modem and plugged it in one of the ports of router , and one cable from router to modem, and it is working O.K. now.
Thank you
m
l
May 13, 2012 1:35:30 PM

Well done - nice when you find the answer yourself isn't it? Sometimes the simple solution is the best one.

m
l
Related resources
!