Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My computer wont display anything

Last response: in Motherboards
May 9, 2010 1:19:08 AM

Ok so yesterday I was playing BattleField Bad Company 2. Then this morning I turn on my pc and it freezes on the splash screen. I tried again and press delete to enter bios, it looked like it was going to go through the bios, but nope it froze a second later. It beeped a long one then 2 beeps after, I believe it said memory error on the LCD (external display). Well after figuring that out, now it wont display anything onto my monitor. I tested it out with another computer and my monitor is fine. After all that now my motherboard wont even beep or display any errors, led lights on my motherboard arent blinking or on. I even took out some ram and disconnected my harddrive and dvd drive and still no beeps or errors. Did my motherboard went bad? Any suggestions or some information on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

My Specs:
Mobo - Asus CrossHair III
CPU - AMD 955 BE
PSU - Corsair 850TX
Videocard - VisionTek 5850
Ram - 4x 2gigs 1600 CL8
HD - 360gig blue WD - 1TB green WD
Heatsink - Swiftech Ultima XT (watercooling)
Case - HAF 932

* Theres no leaks on my watercooling.

More about : computer wont display

May 9, 2010 5:01:10 AM

Have you checked whether the power supply and all its connections are ok?
m
l
May 9, 2010 8:08:40 PM

it might be ur gpu acting up? do u have another gpu that u could try out?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 9, 2010 9:55:15 PM

Well i think if the there is any problem with your power supply unit or motherboard.
Since the computer made a beep sound you can conclude that it showed some sort of hardware problems.

First enable any diagnostic boot screen from bios if possible.Most probably you could detect what the problem is.

Try resetting bios if you enter the bios,and If you have any memorytest programs try them before booting.
(Some memory test programs are usually available with os setups or even integrated with the POST functionality)
Have it checked for some time until you feel the problem is not with ram.

If you have get to boot atleast once,install some test softwares and check your hardware before some problem arises again.

If you cant even enter the bios and your computer is resetting or power goes off,then most probably you can conclude
that the power supply is having the problems.Check for all the connections and cables and still if you cant
figure it out i greatly recommend your motherboard to be checked by some authorised personnel.

May 10, 2010 4:56:31 AM

Thanks for all the response everyone! Well from all the information you guys gave me, I've tried everthing to make my motherboard give me another error response but so far still nothing. The display is still blank, I tried clearing my CMOS and even took the battery out, I tried the power supply on a different desktop and it worked, and the video card worked on that desktop also. So what Im left with is the motherboard or cpu going bad.. Im leaning more towards on the motherboard failing on me. The motherboard LED lights near the cpu, ram, NB, and SB dont even turn on (each one has 3 LED lights. ORANGE-RED-GREEN). I really dont think its the cpu just because I never overcloked it pass 3.8 using ASUS overdrive and the highest temps Ive seen is 39c @ full load. Well guys Im just going to exchange my motherboard and hopefully that was the issue. Thanks again for all your help and Ill post again later if it was the motherboard. If not, CPU. :-( lol.
m
l
May 10, 2010 4:59:00 AM

Quote:
Try resetting the cmos or pulling the battery for 5 minutes. Maybe it's stuck in low power or sleep mode.

I tried and still nothing on my display. Thanks anyways
m
l
May 10, 2010 5:04:36 AM

rajiv1990 said:
Well i think if the there is any problem with your power supply unit or motherboard.
Since the computer made a beep sound you can conclude that it showed some sort of hardware problems.

First enable any diagnostic boot screen from bios if possible.Most probably you could detect what the problem is.

Try resetting bios if you enter the bios,and If you have any memorytest programs try them before booting.
(Some memory test programs are usually available with os setups or even integrated with the POST functionality)
Have it checked for some time until you feel the problem is not with ram.

If you have get to boot atleast once,install some test softwares and check your hardware before some problem arises again.

If you cant even enter the bios and your computer is resetting or power goes off,then most probably you can conclude
that the power supply is having the problems.Check for all the connections and cables and still if you cant
figure it out i greatly recommend your motherboard to be checked by some authorised personnel.

I took my computer to a certified computer technician ( my gf's dad) and he went through steps and the conclusion was the motherboard went bad (he is 99% sure). If not the %1 is the cpu. But thanks for your help anyways.
m
l
May 17, 2010 2:48:09 AM

Best answer selected by Ray007.
m
l
!