GTS 250

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Do you rekon i can play red alert 3 on highest settings with 4 anti-aliasing and play smooth? 30 FPS average and at the very least of least 25FPS. Remember Red Alert 3 limits FPS to 30 since it is an RTS game. I have an XFX 512MB GTS 250. I play at a 1280 x 1024 resolution on a 19 inch (not widescreen monitor), so at it's full resolution. I have a phenom ii 720 overclocked to 3.2ghz on stock volts and have 4 gb of ddr2 800mhz corsair ram. Well, put it this way i can play COD 4 with 4 aa and 8 af with 80 FPS average, sometimes 90 average. But red alert 3 has a 256mb graphics requirement, i'm wanting to know during times of graphical intense moments, whether i should still get smooth gameplay with this card.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
i'm guessing that with aa transparency off it will give me better performance when aa is turned on. There is multi-sampling and supersampling, might multi sampling benefit? i thought i found no difference between multi sampling and turning it off; i got the same framerates. Does putting aa on without multisampling or supersampling not greatly reduce framerate? I noticed with COD 4 that supersampling does great damage to the framerate. Without supersampling the edges still look good and smoothed out, much better than without aa there was visible difference. Super-sampling just seemed a bit excessive and i would rekon the gtx 260 would still struggle with that turned on.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
yeah i recently got Red Alert 3 it plays great; very very smooth gameplay. The only time it lags is when i use the very destructive superweapons like the proton cannon whatever it's called. But then not much either and just for the small period that the superweapon lasts for. It's the same with Command & Conquer 3, both play just as smooth as each other and i am very pleased with the performance. The graphics look brilliant too, I have 2 aa on it and can't tell much difference by highering it either.