My first time of building rig

jenniferlou2850

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
hi im fresh new here and also first post...anyway i need some help this is was my first time of building my rig so i hope everything is going smooth and i already decided this whole thing no more additional cost..

CPU: Intel Q8400 2.66ghz
Mobo: P5KPL-AM
RAM: 4GB/800
HDD: 1TB Sata
GPU: PowerColor Hd4670*
PSU: 600watts

alright i have a major question on "PowerColor HD 4670" that most people say it gives a Driver issue after you updating the Driver on latest version is it true? it well be nicer if somebody out there has the same rig with graphic cards so i may know what his/her experience about it..i have appreciate thanks guys!

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
1) use the format from the sticky post
2) step away from the Q8XXX they are rubbish
3) it won't be future wise to build a 775 socket based system, if you can go for a 1156 and above or am3 sockets.
4) I wont recommend using that mb, ram, hdd and psu, why? because we have no idea which brand are they, no one here will recommend you getting a generic psu.

Welcome to the forums, Jennifer.

Motherboard model number looks to Asus. The rest, who knows?

A better approach for you would be to post a budget and the primary purpose of the computer and ask for recommendations. There are regulars here (not me, alas) who are great at suggesting system configurations and finding things on sale.