Processor fsb

hi..

my pc specs is this..

Intel® Desktop Board D945GCCR supports a single Intel processor in an LGA775 socket.

Intel® Celeron® Dual-Core Processor E1200 1.60 GHz 512 KB 800fsb is my processor

System Memory Features
The board has two DIMM sockets and support the following memory features:

1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
2 GB maximum total system memory
Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
Non-ECC DIMMs
Serial Presence Detect
DDR2 533 or DDR2 400 MHz SDRAM DIMMs

my question is.. is't ok if i use ddr2 1gig 667mhz on my system since the supported only is 533mhz and 400mhz... but my processor fsb is 800mhz?
5 answers Last reply
More about processor
  1. You can use 667Mhz DDR2 RAM with your mobo but t\your mobo will underclock the ram to 533Mhz i.e. the highest supported by the mobo...
  2. thanks alot... i have no idea about that... where will i base it.. to the processor fsb or its because it is supported of my motherboard?

it is big question for me i have no idea... by adding memory will i base my memory frequency on processor fsb or motherboard? because my processor is 800mhz.
  3. Memory Mhz has nothing to do with RAM Mhz.
  4. Definition time:
    E1200 frontside bus frequency is 200 MHz.

Using DDR2 RAM, you need a memory clock frequency of only 400 MHz. (FSB X 2 - DDR2 , remember?). That means that if you do not overclock, you only need DDR2-400 RAM to keep the memory in step with the CPU.

The FSB clock is 800 MHz (200 MHz FSB freq X 4). The bus transfers 4 chunks of data (it's called "quad pumped") each bus cycle.

I would put in DDR2-800 memory. It would give you some overclock headroom. It would also give the opportunity to upgrade to a faster chip without the memory limiting performance.
  5. jsc said:
    Definition time:
    E1200 frontside bus frequency is 200 MHz.

Using DDR2 RAM, you need a memory clock frequency of only 400 MHz. (FSB X 2 - DDR2 , remember?). That means that if you do not overclock, you only need DDR2-400 RAM to keep the memory in step with the CPU.

The FSB clock is 800 MHz (200 MHz FSB freq X 4). The bus transfers 4 chunks of data (it's called "quad pumped") each bus cycle.

I would put in DDR2-800 memory. It would give you some overclock headroom. It would also give the opportunity to upgrade to a faster chip without the memory limiting performance.

hi...

can i mix single sided ram and double sided ram? they are same in. voltage, size, brand, timing... running in 533mhz
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build DDR2 Processors Memory Systems