Pci exspress 16x

hi i have just bought a pci exspress 2 graphics card ati radeon hd 4650 will the 300w power supply workbut also i have noticed my computer is pci exspress 16 will it fit and work i dont want to blow it up my last one nivida gt 660 the fan melted and wont work at all
thank you
6 answers Last reply
More about exspress
  1. Um well i would need to know your graphics card to be 100% sure.
    But sounds like yes it will fit in your motherboards PCI-E Slot.

But from what cards are coming to my mind, your 300watt PSU will not be enough to power the card, atleast not safely.
  2. what card and what power supply, the slot is unimportant as they are both pci-e (cards are generally x16)
  3. i have just updated my messaege sorry new to this thanks
  4. Yes, i would say go get a new 400watt Powersupply or greater.

It is very risky to go under the cards recommended powersupply requirements, since it could wreck your motherboard which is connected to everything else.

400 watt power supply's can be bought for very cheap.
  5. Noobster15 said:
    Yes, i would say go get a new 400watt Powersupply or greater.

It is very risky to go under the cards recommended powersupply requirements, since it could wreck your motherboard which is connected to everything else.

400 watt power supply's can be bought for very cheap.

thank you is it a case of unplugging each cable and replace with new one do i have to change any settins etc on mother board its an acer gaming computer bought in 2006
  6. Nope just unplug all the cords, buy the new PSU and then reconnect the cords into the desired spots.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Power Supplies PCI Graphics Cards Graphics