Sign in with
Your question

Cheap 775 Mobo for Overclocking

Last response: in Motherboards
May 9, 2010 4:18:41 PM

I built my computer around 3 years ago and its done itself proud. However I recently got some cheap-ish upgrades for it and now having the confidence and skill I want to overclock my CPU. However my current motherboard is absolutely useless, with only an option for FSB and no V core. I need an old but decent mobo that will run my current components but allow me to overclock the CPU. There is no point getting an expensive mobo because I will more than likely build a new PC next year when this one finally runs out of use!

Current specs as follows:

Mobo: Asrock Conroexfire-esata2
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz
4 gig DDR2 667Mhz RAM
Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
2 western digital SATA 2 hard drives
Artic Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler
Decent 700W PSU

Also as a bonus I need a mobo that can actually take 4 gig of RAM. My current one claims to support it, but due to its chipset only shows 3.12 Gb!

I am not bothered about it supporting faster ram/different chipsets ect.. Having CrossXfire support would be an extra.

Any good, and most importantly cheap, suggestions?
May 9, 2010 6:16:24 PM

Rockhead_Rumple said:
I built my computer around 3 years ago and its done itself proud. However I recently got some cheap-ish upgrades for it and now having the confidence and skill I want to overclock my CPU. However my current motherboard is absolutely useless, with only an option for FSB and no V core. I need an old but decent mobo that will run my current components but allow me to overclock the CPU. There is no point getting an expensive mobo because I will more than likely build a new PC next year when this one finally runs out of use!

Current specs as follows:

Mobo: Asrock Conroexfire-esata2
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz
4 gig DDR2 667Mhz RAM
Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
2 western digital SATA 2 hard drives
Artic Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler
Decent 700W PSU

Also as a bonus I need a mobo that can actually take 4 gig of RAM. My current one claims to support it, but due to its chipset only shows 3.12 Gb!

I am not bothered about it supporting faster ram/different chipsets ect.. Having CrossXfire support would be an extra.

Any good, and most importantly cheap, suggestions?

I have p5q se2 and it is great for OC lol I actually have the same cpu as you and I was able to do easy stable at 3.4, but you have to drop the ram my friend get some 800's if you wanna do any OC. Forget about crossfire with these specs i.e CPU just get gtx 260 , oc this e6600 to 3.4 and you'll be fine playing bad company 2 no problem.

May 9, 2010 6:16:52 PM

ps. mobo cost like 70-80 just fyi
!