Cooler master vs Corsair

Last response: in Components
January 24, 2010 5:22:03 PM

My Shortlisted config -

Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz

MSI 785GN-E65

Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

Palit Hd 4850

Hard disks - 1 500gb Sata 2, 1 120gb sata1, 1 160 gb pata (SEAGATE)

Suggest me a power supply unit, Cabinet & a cpu cooler (if reqd - has to be better than the stock cooler & cheap). ....I dont have a ups,so the psu has to be very very reliable.
& i wont be adding another graphics card for another 2 years...

My budget for the psu & cabinet unfortunately doesent exceed more than 100$ ....please do not suggest combo offers...

For my budget i dont think i could go for corsair products as they are very costly,,,Please suggest some cooler master products if possible as they are available in my nearest outlet...

Thanks....

More about : cooler master corsair

January 24, 2010 5:31:56 PM

get the cheepest 500W cooler master psu, and maybe arctic cooling freezer pro 7 will do the trick. as for the cabinet, just get midi tower with a 12 cm fan at the back.
January 24, 2010 6:11:02 PM

jimishtar said:
get the cheepest 500W cooler master psu, and maybe arctic cooling freezer pro 7 will do the trick. as for the cabinet, just get midi tower with a 12 cm fan at the back.

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W RS-500-PCARA3 ....dts the cheapest...is that gonna do if i happen to go for the radeon 5*** series or the hd 4870

Cooler Master Elite 310 (cabinet)

as for the cooler...

the products available here are
OCZ Vanquisher
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2
Cooler Master Hyper TX3
Cooler Master GeminII S CPU Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-GP CPU Cooler

wt do you think about it????
Related resources
January 24, 2010 6:25:02 PM

Corsair VX450W vs Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W

January 24, 2010 6:35:18 PM

corsair VX450w then.

corsair always....

and 450w is enough for your system..

not after you add another card....

not the CM 500w either.....

get hyper 212...

Elite 310 is ok..

i still suggest u to save the after market cooler for a better psu.

boxed cooler is more than enough.

and the aftermarket ones u listed can not handle a heavy job either...
January 24, 2010 7:15:55 PM

cooler master 650w is available at the same rate as corsair 450.......wt do you say,....Wts so special about corsair???
a c 77 ) Power supply
January 24, 2010 7:19:22 PM

Elite 310 is a good budget case.

PSU... Have you looked at OCZ PSU's? They are better than Cooler Master and normally cheaper than Corsair. You can get a good 700w PSU for $80 or so from Newegg...

HSF... Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus is an excellent CPU cooler. You should be able to overclock the 620 to 3.4 GHz and maintain good temps with the CM Hyper 212 +.
January 24, 2010 7:35:22 PM

what do you think about

Tagan Stonerock Series TG500-U37 Max. Power 600W Power Supply

compared to corsair 450tx....The former is cheaper..Corsair is kinda out of budget & as i would add another card later on,,would the corsair 450 serve still good...???
a c 248 ) Power supply
January 24, 2010 7:45:35 PM

Power Supply -

The general rule of thumb is a high quality 500 to 550 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the +12 volt rail(s) can easily power a system with any single video card made. A high quality 700 to 750 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the +12 volt rail(s) can power a system with two video cards operating in dual mode. There are a few exceptions like the new ATI Radeon HD 5XXX series cards which use less power due to their energy efficiency.

A high quality 500 to 550 watt psu will have a +12 volt rail rated at 40 amps. A high quality 700 to 750 watt psu will have a +12 volt rail rated at 60 amps.

In addition the power supply should be at least 80+ Bronze certified for energy efficiency. There are some models available which have achieved 80+ Silver and 80+ Gold Certifications.

Before purchasing a new psu you will need to decide whether you will eventually have a pc with one or two video cards.

Corsair and Seasonic are two of the brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts series which is a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.

CPU Heatsink -

Based on the list you provided the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus would normally be a very good choice. However, you selected a micro-atx motherboard. If you want to install your system in a micro-atx case, then you will have to install a low profile heatsink. Here is a link to a very good web site with a lot of useful information about low profile heatsinks:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5_lowprofile_heatsinks.cfm

Case -

The Coolermaster 310 Elite is an inexpensive micro-atx case that would work. If you want to install the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus cpu heatsink, then you will have to get a mid-tower atx case that is at least 7.8 inches wide.
a c 77 ) Power supply
January 24, 2010 7:47:23 PM

Where you are buying from have a website, so we can review and make recommendations. I personnally don't trust Tagan PSU and would be more incline to get the Cooler Master.
a c 248 ) Power supply
January 24, 2010 7:50:16 PM

Corsair has a reputation for high quality power supplies. They have consistently earned high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable and very stable. Corsair is one of several brands that are often recommended by veterans at this forum.

To be fair, there are other brands that will provide adequate performance. However, their record for quality is not as consistent. The Coolermaster power supplies will probably be okay.
January 24, 2010 8:10:09 PM

The coolermaster elite 310 is 7.5 inches wide....i didnt get it...how do we install the ""Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus cpu heatsink""....u mean on top of dt or wt???? isnt the elite a mid tower atx case..

I ve decided i would go for just one graphics card for now...frankly speaking...i cannot get a corsair 500 or 550....its way out of budget...give me a final choice for the p.s.u....would corsair 450tx do it or do i have to go for other comp' offering 500w or more???

a c 248 ) Power supply
January 24, 2010 10:18:25 PM

Newegg.com lists the Elite 310 as a mid-tower case but at 7.5 inches wide the width is borderline between mid and micro towers.

The Antec Three Hundred is very popular mid-tower case with gamers on a tight budget. The case is 8.1 inches wide:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus will not fit in the Elite 319 but it will fit in the Antec 300.
!