Sign in with
Your question

Outlook Express 6 won't forward pictures in email

Last response: in Windows XP
May 7, 2012 1:45:12 PM

I have OE 6.0 - I came across a problem that is only with 1 sender so far. I rec'd an email with pictures in the body of email and also as attachments. When I forward the email to someone/myself, I get the email without the pictures in the body of the email ( just the red x). The pictures do come through as attachments, therefore not being in correct place. My settings are to send pictures with email - SO... I receive the email correctly..but when I forward to anyone or myself the pictures only arrive as an attachment...

Please help.....never had this problem before....recent issue.

Thanks!
May 7, 2012 7:51:32 PM

You said pictures were sent as both in body of message AND as attachment, thus they did arrive "in the right place". Your OE settings can control if to allow viewing of linked items, technically attached photos are "Linked" to the body by default and apparently this link is deleted when you forward. See if your forward is set to forward as attachment or "inline" in page.
m
l
May 7, 2012 8:40:06 PM

Where would I find that.....? Note: that the recipient rec'd the email and all the pictures were at the bottom of email out of correct place. Like an attachment. I do have it set to block images and other external content on the security tab. I have changed that back and forth and no changes on this particular email. But, when viewing most emails, I get the option to click to download. This happens in all the emails sent from retail sites etc. When an email comes in from a friend sending pictures without links to the web, I dont get the option to click to download....my problem is happening only from one sender of this type of email
m
l
Related resources
May 8, 2012 9:56:27 PM

Then the problem is in the windows live settings, the only way you can download what was sent is if it IS an Attachement. Make windows live send files & photos as attachment not in the page.
m
l
May 9, 2012 12:48:57 AM

so what your saying is: because they sent it as an attachment is why? I have xp pro by the way ...if that makes a differance
m
l
May 11, 2012 12:38:41 AM

Yes, it's in the settings, xp pro adds only user management controls and more administration of PC for business over Home, I prefer it because I like control.
m
l
December 23, 2012 12:11:11 PM

dhatfield said:
I have OE 6.0 - I came across a problem that is only with 1 sender so far. I rec'd an email with pictures in the body of email and also as attachments. When I forward the email to someone/myself, I get the email without the pictures in the body of the email ( just the red x). The pictures do come through as attachments, therefore not being in correct place. My settings are to send pictures with email - SO... I receive the email correctly..but when I forward to anyone or myself the pictures only arrive as an attachment...

Please help.....never had this problem before....recent issue.

Thanks!

In case you haven't found the way around this by now:

This problem is apparently cause by the coding from Microsoft Outlook. It's beyond my imagination why Microsoft would create two email clients that are not 100% compatible with each other, but they did, so you'll have follow this simple procedure to work around it....

Open the message in your Outlook Express editor (do a forward), then under the "view" tab put a check-mark in "Source Edit". At the bottom the selections for "edit - source - preview" will appear. (Once checked it will stay checked unless you un-check it.)

Simply open the "Preview". If the embedded pictures all appear (you can scroll through the entire message to see) just go back into the "Edit" tab, make whatever changes you like and sent it.

You can also test the message before sending it at this point if you like by 'saving it', then close the existing window and re-open it from the "Drafts" folder. If all the pictures are in place it will be sent and received properly.

Note that if it has .JPG attachments you should delete them before sending because they're just making the message twice as big while serving no purpose.

Good Luck!
m
l
!