GTX 275 Low benchmarking Scores

zerobdr

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Hey all,

I have a EVGA Gtx 275 on an i7 920 system. I noticed when I was playing Team Fortress 2 and some other games like World in Conflict some things in the game seemed blurry, especially signs and other in game objects during TF2. As a result I thought turning up some settings under EVGA Preicision would fix the problem, so I turned up the core clock to around 700-750 and the memory clock up to around 1500 or so (I know stupid of me, I hope i didn't damage anything). It didn't really make a difference and when I would run Passmark (default settings) the overclocking didn't hold. So i turned everything back to the default settings. When I again ran passmark with the GPU at stock settings, I got a GPU score of 1,521 which is 300 points under where the GTX 275 should be. Also when I ran the trial version of 3Dmark Vantage my GPU score was 8,521 and the benchmarks say it should be around 12,000 for a GTX 275, also the CPU Score was around 44,000 which I think is ok. I have the latest drivers installed (I previously had to reinstall the drivers) and the fan is turned up to around 60%, the hottest the card gets to is around 75, according to EVGA Precision, when i'm playing games. These scores in passmark and the trial version of 3dmark vantage seemed low to me. Could anyone provide me with any suggestions or any help at all?? Would actually purchasing 3dmark vantage give me a different score? Any help is appreciate, Thanks you!

Solution
run driver cleaner and clear out all the old nvidia drivers and ati drivers if you had any, then goto www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your rig

also what temps are your cpu running at?

and whats your other system specs? OS, Memory, PSU, Motherboard etc
run driver cleaner and clear out all the old nvidia drivers and ati drivers if you had any, then goto www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your rig

also what temps are your cpu running at?

and whats your other system specs? OS, Memory, PSU, Motherboard etc

Solution

zerobdr

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to try cleaning out all the old nvidia drivers. I just hope i didn't do any damage to the GPU when I attempted to overclock it.

Would it be any benefit to acutally purchase 3Dmark vantage even though I don't know whats causing it to not run right?

The cpu typically runs at an average of 42 celcius but it can go up to 50 sometimes. I never seen it go above that.

My rig specs are:

CPU: I7 920 @ 2.66 ghz
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
RAM: 6gb OCZ Gold 1600mhz
Video Card: EVGA GTX 275
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (Was a little loud so I used WINAAM to slow it down to reduce noise)
PSU: Corsair 850 watt TX
Monitor: Samsung XL2370 23"

Thanks and again any help is appreciated!