Is my computer booting normally?

Chevaliersoftheseas

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
Basically it detects my hard drive on a black screen with white text and some other information about the computer above it or something, then my optical drive. My question is shouldn't they both be detected at the same time instead of separately. So I can boot up faster? I hope you guys know what I mean. Also does it matter if my HDD is in sata 2 or 3?

What ya MoBo Manual say ? And by 2 or 3, do you mean SATA II or III or Port 2 or 3

I'm gonna guess you have SATA III on ports 0 and 1 and SATA II on the rest, but again, what's MoBo manual say. I put the SSD and HD on 0 and 1 to take advantage of SATA III... and while some will argue that no HD can take advantage of SATA III, twhile it's true that off platter transfers get no benefit from it, I would remind that the Momentus Hybrid drives (on board SSD) and the HD cache can exceed SATA II bandwidth limits.

Chevaliersoftheseas

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011

I have my optical drive in sata 1 and HDD in sata 3 weird I know but I thought it wouldn't really matter since it's only an hdd. I meant SATA II/ III btw. I heard something about sata II HDDs using the cache more effectively or something though, is it true?