DVD RW discriminates discs, motor retracts after 1 sec from play

newboi01

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hello,
I have 2 DVD RWs - LG GH22 internal super multi DVD RW & LiteOn Internal SATA LabelTag DVD RW. Both were ok at first, now they are so choosy with discs, esp movies. LiteOn still burns but LG doesn't read anymore. We took it out, removed cover, connected, inserted disc, play, motor moved to push button, disc spins and motor retracts after a sec as if finished playing. Repairmen say it is disposable and no parts, no repair. It is like new though passed warranty, so underused. Can't we really do something about it? I do not like waste and it is not dead yet.
ALL are welcome to reply.. thank you in advance.

I appreciate your stance on waste, but the reality is that a lot these types of products are not designed to be repaired. They're built on highly specialized assembly lines and once they've been put together there really isn't any economical way to disassemble and replace most of the components. I think you'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement.

newboi01

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

tyvm sminlal... i'l just have to look for the best brand then. meanwhile, i'l tinker and see if i can make a frankenstein out of this one LOL!

newboi01

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

TYVM area51... i read the review. now, i hope it is available here. I'l turn my broken dvd writer into something, oh i don't know, maybe donate to a trade school's electronics dept for them to disect. Thx y'all.