Sign in with
Your question

I7 2600k Did I overclock it right?

Last response: in Overclocking
March 25, 2012 3:05:38 PM

Sorry, This is the first time ever overclocking something. I've read many articles and learned about overclocking and the voltages / multipliers, etc. But Still, I have a few questions about overclocking. I'd really like to try and go from my 4.3Ghz overclock to 4.4Ghz and so on until the system fails / Temps in hw monitor exceed 60 celcius. But heres my question: Is it dangerous to go above a 4.3Ghz overclock (with my setup)? I heard people can get it to 4.7Ghz and i'd like to get mine to like 4.5Ghz.

So you might ask the following:
1) Power supply watts: 850
2) Current Overclock setup:
-Internal something overvoltage: enable
-Core Multiplier: 43
-Cpu spread spectrum: disabled
That's all i did btw. The cpu voltage is on auto and it seems to be doing everything for me.
3) My current core temps (prime95 stress test): didn't exceed 59Celcius 53-59 range
4) Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LE ATX
5) CPU Cooling Method: Liquid Cooling

So if i make my core multiplier 45 for 4.5Ghz and leave everything else the same will it work alright?

More about : 2600k overclock

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 25, 2012 6:12:53 PM

Quote:
So if i make my core multiplier 45 for 4.5Ghz and leave everything else the same will it work alright?

Never know until you try. If it doesn't work, then you might have to look at voltages.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 25, 2012 7:33:57 PM

Raise the CPU ratio multiplier to 47 and raise also the vCore to 1.35V save and exit. Run Prime95 for an hour and observe the core temps. If it doesn't have BSOD in that time, then run prime95 for about 6 hours.
m
l
!