Solved

P6X58D-E and 2 GTX 470 in SLI

I'd like to buy the P6X58D-E, but I'd like to know if anyone has it with SLI GTX 470 or 480. Someone told me the slot are very close to each other so I'm wondering if anyone thinks its that close. Because I check the P6T and the slot looks at the same distance and I know people use it for SLI.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about p6x58d
  1. Best answer
    Hi.

The PCI-E slot are at the same distance in all mobos, U can check the big brother (P6X58D Premium) and u will see the same distance in the PCI-E slots and the same distance in the P6T or P6T Deluxe V2.
  2. Well I meant the PCI-E x16 slots.
  3. I mean to that PCI-E x16 slots too.
  4. So basicly it mean that it either work for all or don't. And since I know it work for one of them, that should work for the P6X58D-E.

But that's only for Asus boards right? Cause I'v seen some Gigabyte board where the x16 slot are more far to each other?

Thank :)
  5. Yeah, that works for all of them.

I check some Gigabyte mobos and have a very similar distance between the PCI-E x16 slots.
  6. In a SLI review, the guy says that we should choose a board where we at least have 1 slot between each SLI, and 3 Slot between the top and bottom card. (Don't remember exactly, but was something like that)

Anyhow, glad it almost the same for everyone, makes the choice less harder :)
  7. All have one PCI slot between the 1st PCI-E x16 and 2nd PCI-E x16 slot.
  8. Best answer selected by kontrol.
  9. saint19 said:
    All have one PCI slot between the 1st PCI-E x16 and 2nd PCI-E x16 slot.

No, not all
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131403
  10. i'm assuming the two blu pci-slots are the only x16...or can the bottom, grey, port also be x16 as long as only two gfx cards are sli?

thanks,

skibs
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Gtx SLI Motherboards