Sign in with
Your question

$300 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
November 9, 2009 4:59:47 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 2 weeks BUDGET RANGE:$300

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: light gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: OS, Monitor,KB, mouse, just need tower.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:Newegg.com

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: using 17-19" LCD

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:I Play alot of combat arms, and games like BF2.

More about : 300 gaming

November 9, 2009 5:05:40 AM

sugafreebuckeye said:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 2 weeks BUDGET RANGE:$300

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: light gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: OS, Monitor,KB, mouse, just need tower.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:Newegg.com

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: using 17-19" LCD

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:I Play alot of combat arms, and games like BF2.

are u recylcing anything? case? PSU? HD? DVD drive?

If u need all of those parts, than there i no way u can anything worthwhile for 300.
November 9, 2009 5:32:18 AM

I can recycle a hard drive. I already have system I built for close to this price that does just fine, was just curious on others thought building for nephew. My system E5200 OC @ 3.2, 4gb ddr2 crucial ballistix, sapphire 4830, LG DVD burner, 600w OCZ xtreme PSU, Gigabyte G31 micro atx board, and recycled 160 gb hd wd Black, case Iwin black.
Related resources
November 9, 2009 5:35:22 AM

If I could extend budget to $400 do you have any suggestions?
November 9, 2009 5:40:49 AM
November 9, 2009 5:59:04 AM

Thanks man love the post. I am building new system from scratch for my nephew I have extra HD to give him, just was posting my system showing guy that it is possible. Thanks for taking time to find all the free shipping and rebate, love the open box mobo too. Was looking at Antec 300 case like this one better appreciate it. I will talk him into spending 350- 400 fits budget well !! sounds nice!!! All for under $400 thanks again.
November 9, 2009 6:00:15 AM

Curious do you know how good PSU is? What brand I will look at Newegg thanx!!!
November 9, 2009 6:05:55 AM

PSU is Junk but I guess it will work to start at that price and free shipping can't go wrong can upgrade later. Thanx again!!!
November 9, 2009 6:08:06 AM

sugafreebuckeye said:
Curious do you know how good PSU is? What brand I will look at Newegg thanx!!!

I'm not sure wat kind of psu it is, but the graphics card doesnt need a psu as far as I know, so i dont think it should an issue. Also if you're giving him a HD, think about spending the $20 and buying the athlon II x4 620, it's a quad core for 20 bucks more.
November 9, 2009 6:43:24 AM

sugafreebuckeye said:
I can recycle a hard drive. I already have system I built for close to this price that does just fine, was just curious on others thought building for nephew. My system E5200 OC @ 3.2, 4gb ddr2 crucial ballistix, sapphire 4830, LG DVD burner, 600w OCZ xtreme PSU, Gigabyte G31 micro atx board, and recycled 160 gb hd wd Black, case Iwin black.

The system you listed above is NOT close to the $300 budget as you said - at current prices at newegg it is $436 - or 45% more

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And I did not include a HD since you said that could be provided.
November 9, 2009 6:16:57 PM

Thats true if you were buying it now and all from newegg. I purchased while back ddr2 prices have went up, and case was open buy box for $20, paid less for DVD, mobo, and video to. So instead of trying to prove people wrong try trying to find deals and help people like other guy. Smart...!
November 9, 2009 6:20:34 PM

Wrong ram also, and i'd like to see you fit that video card in that case lol, thanks for spending time trying to look smart instead of offering help. People like you make my day!
November 9, 2009 6:28:30 PM

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT - Retail
Item #: N82E16820231253
Memory Standard Return Policy
$57.99
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152102
Standard Return Policy
$84.99
AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX250OCGQBOX - Retail
Item #: N82E16819103681
CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

For Retail AMD processor, please call 408 749-3060 for service after first 30 days. For OEM AMD processor, we will service for 30 days only. Please verify the Processor matches your order Prior To installation. IMPORTANT: Always pack your CPU well for return. We will refuse your RMA if we received it as DAMAGED!
$87.00
Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813186168
Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
$114.99
RAIDMAX RX-500AF 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817152040
Standard Return Policy
$59.99
November 9, 2009 6:29:11 PM

you can take out the HDD and put something else in too.....and these were the prices in june....probably cheaper on all of them now
November 9, 2009 7:43:50 PM

Thanks for post but you mentioned nothing of a video card, cpu fan, or case. Including those this would be way over budget. I appreciate anyway TY!
November 9, 2009 8:43:44 PM

sugafreebuckeye said:
Thats true if you were buying it now and all from newegg. I purchased while back ddr2 prices have went up, and case was open buy box for $20, paid less for DVD, mobo, and video to. So instead of trying to prove people wrong try trying to find deals and help people like other guy. Smart...!

You provided that info as evidence it could be done now. I stand by what I said. You statements were misleading to say the least. And to attack me because I pointed out your error so others would would not continue to be mislead only disgraces you. I simply stated facts and you chose to attack me for doing that and being too smart to join the others in the hopeless quest you set forth.
November 10, 2009 2:47:40 AM

Ok smart... would you like me to show you a system you can build for $300 now, I can was only looking for opinions and yours was negative, not saying I can't take critisism but you offered no help to me or anyone else. It was my post moron. If you are so smart what are your suggestions for a $300 build it can be done but with your lazyness and lack of research you provide nothing except worthless comments. Nothing is hopeless unless you let it be. There are always free shipping, rebates, openbox biys and other things to get anyone under a budget. WOOT WOOT!
November 10, 2009 4:40:14 AM

Your continued personal attacks and childish name calling only demean yourself.

Again, all I did was state the fact that at current prices your system cost, which you proferred as evidence a $300 system could be built today, actually cost 45% more than that today. Correcting statements that mislead others is not worthless. And if you look at some of my 1,500+ posts you will see I have provided a lot of helpful information to a lot of people, and spent a lot of time helping them. Compare that to your 10 posts, all on this single thread that that just waste peoples time and you are certainly way off base attacking me.
November 10, 2009 4:41:34 AM

I'll say something unbiased..

Chill out guys. Relax.....take deep breaths no need to go all offensive/defensive

by the way he upped his budget to 400 i think.
November 10, 2009 4:46:12 AM

Please don't group me with him. I am chill. But I will defend myself from bogus personal attacks and childish name calling. And that is all I have been doing is defending myself rather than being a silent victim of his wrath.

Yes he upped his budget later but that did not alter his misleading statements, but rather confirms they were misleading as there would be no reason to up the budget to $400 if he already had a system - his - that "works just fine" for $300.
November 11, 2009 2:37:58 AM

My reaction, way to serious here who cares its a forum not a Grand Jury Trial lol, rocky how about you let people make there own assumptions and stick to helping people who want your advice. You seem like a lonely person to me looking for attention, congrats on your 1500 post I see what you spend most your time doing. To better let you understand that you can buy the same system Right Now for $300 I am selling my system as a buy now on ebay. lol so I guess I was right, now you can refer people to buy a great $300 PC and get me a little cash for my $400 build. Have a great day....... FANTASTIC!!!!!;)
November 11, 2009 2:39:05 AM

sugafreebuckeye said:
My reaction, way to serious here who cares its a forum not a Grand Jury Trial lol, rocky how about you let people make there own assumptions and stick to helping people who want your advice. You seem like a lonely person to me looking for attention, congrats on your 1500 post I see what you spend most your time doing. To better let you understand that you can buy the same system Right Now for $300 I am selling my system as a buy now on ebay. lol so I guess I was right, now you can refer people to buy a great $300 PC and get me a little cash for my $400 build. Have a great day....... FANTASTIC!!!!!;)

anyways... what have you decided on
November 11, 2009 4:49:55 AM

sugafreebuckeye said:
rocky how about you let people make there own assumptions and stick to helping people who want your advice.

When you say let other people make there own assumptions do you mean continue to be mislead by your misrepresentation?
Why are you saying stick with people who want my advice? I never offered any to you - only correctly pointed out your misleading statement. I guess you don't like to have your errors corrected so they will not mislead others - your prefer for the charade to continue. That is not very nice.

sugafreebuckeye said:
You seem like a lonely person to me looking for attention,

And the personal attacks continue. You should thank me for correcting your misleading statement, not launch into personal attacks. Apparently you are trying to hide behind personal attacks because you know what I said was right and cannot refute that. But why do you choose to demean yourself again with another bogus childish attacks? Do you not realize it says nothing about me but loads about you?

sugafreebuckeye said:
congrats on your 1500 post I see what you spend most your time doing.

And another personal attack - combined with more misrepresentation. You did not read those posts - maybe none. You obviously did not read all of the valuable and helpful information I provided and, as any reader knows, you have no idea how I spend my time.

sugafreebuckeye said:
To better let you understand that you can buy the same system Right Now for $300 I am selling my system as a buy now on ebay. lol so I guess I was right, now you can refer people to buy a great $300 PC

Let's see. You ask people here to figure out components to build a $300 PC. And to prove it is feasible you now offer as evidence that you are selling yours on eBay? Talk about an apples and oranges comparison. Just another attempt to mislead. You sure do a lot of that. I guess it must be because you are wrong so much and rather than admit it you try to hide behind misrepresentations. And when those are pointed out, you try to prove they were not misrepresentations with another misrrepresentation. How foolish and sad.

Lets see, in the previous post you wrote "would you like me to show you a system you can build for $300 now, I can was only looking for opinions ". Well yes, I am still waiting for you to show me. I hardly think that your selling your own used system on eBay hardly qualifies as how you can "build for $300". And in the years I have been on this site, I have not once seen anyone equate build to buying on eBay. Please provide the component list with for the $300 build you know about- along with links to the vendors. I am sure all the readers of this thread would love to see how to build such an inexpensive light gaming computer.
November 11, 2009 7:00:36 PM

rockyjohn said:
When you say let other people make there own assumptions do you mean continue to be mislead by your misrepresentation?
Why are you saying stick with people who want my advice? I never offered any to you - only correctly pointed out your misleading statement. I guess you don't like to have your errors corrected so they will not mislead others - your prefer for the charade to continue. That is not very nice.

And the personal attacks continue. You should thank me for correcting your misleading statement, not launch into personal attacks. Apparently you are trying to hide behind personal attacks because you know what I said was right and cannot refute that. But why do you choose to demean yourself again with another bogus childish attacks? Do you not realize it says nothing about me but loads about you?

And another personal attack - combined with more misrepresentation. You did not read those posts - maybe none. You obviously did not read all of the valuable and helpful information I provided and, as any reader knows, you have no idea how I spend my time.

Let's see. You ask people here to figure out components to build a $300 PC. And to prove it is feasible you now offer as evidence that you are selling yours on eBay? Talk about an apples and oranges comparison. Just another attempt to mislead. You sure do a lot of that. I guess it must be because you are wrong so much and rather than admit it you try to hide behind misrepresentations. And when those are pointed out, you try to prove they were not misrepresentations with another misrrepresentation. How foolish and sad.

Lets see, in the previous post you wrote "would you like me to show you a system you can build for $300 now, I can was only looking for opinions ". Well yes, I am still waiting for you to show me. I hardly think that your selling your own used system on eBay hardly qualifies as how you can "build for $300". And in the years I have been on this site, I have not once seen anyone equate build to buying on eBay. Please provide the component list with for the $300 build you know about- along with links to the vendors. I am sure all the readers of this thread would love to see how to build such an inexpensive light gaming computer.

Dude, just shut up, no one cares what you think, either help the original poster find a build around his budget, or get out of this conversation! Thank you! :non: 
November 11, 2009 7:24:28 PM

impaledmango said:
Dude, just shut up, no one cares what you think, either help the original poster find a build around his budget, or get out of this conversation! Thank you! :non: 

I am surprised that support person who grossly misrepresented the facts and then, when the truth was pointed out, launched into childish personal attacks abusing the person who only presented the correct facts. Why do you support someone who engages in such behavior?

Oh I see from your childish command to shut up that you are kindred spirits. Also when you state "no ones cares what you think" - do you really speak for everyone. Do you poll the world to determine that? Oh I see you misrepresent as well and make childish attacks. Indeed kindred spirits. I guess I am not so surprised after all.

And I am still waiting to see his $300 build for a gaming system.
November 11, 2009 7:32:36 PM

anyways, sugafreebuckeye did you manage to come up with a build?

P.S. just ignore the troll, he's only coming back because we are feeding him.

November 11, 2009 10:28:21 PM

Try out this build.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $60

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $79

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $60
(again, for now the fact that it includes 480w powersupply really saves you money).

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $83
(kinda a no brand ram imo, but reviews seem positive so..)

Graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $65
(great card for the price, and more then enough to play older fps games)

DVD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $20

HDD: you said you had one to spare so you'll save some money there.

Total:$373
with rebates= $363

you still have about $40 left over if you want to add it to anything (like a HDD if one is not available).

I'll say if you cant get an HDD and you have to buy one the price will come up to $400.

November 11, 2009 11:33:35 PM

whoha

i actually considered reading this topic until people started bitching about how much a person actually payed
November 11, 2009 11:58:24 PM

Sometimes when you want to go this cheap, looking at the weekly specials available at Dell are a very viable alternative. Last weekend optiflex 360 for 319.00 with free shipping a e5200,2 gig of ram. This gets your operating system, keyboard , mouse, full tower. It has a pci 16 express slot, and you buy the best available card on sale, probably a 9800 gt for 95 bucks.
The only drawback is no o/c
for example
http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/desktops/desktop-opt...
Someone can gain building experience taking this apart and upgrading the video card.
November 12, 2009 12:02:56 AM

impaledmango said:
Try out this build.

Total:$373
with rebates= $363
you still have about $40 left over if you want to add it to anything (like a HDD if one is not available).

You left out the power supply.
November 12, 2009 12:13:05 AM

rockyjohn said:
You left out the power supply.

case includes 480w PSU, thought it's a limited time offer so sugafreebuckeye you better act fast, probably will end by the end of the week.

Even though it's some no brand psu, it'll be more then enough for the system i'm sure.
November 13, 2009 5:01:03 PM

My error, I apologize. But that freebie is certainly not a PSU I would put in my computor - even a cheap one - with only 17 amps total on 12v rail (the much smaller Antec 380w has 24 amps on that rail and the slightly larger 500w version has 34w - twice as much) - it's low efficiency and has no APFC - active power factor correction. And I see the give-away is still going on - guess they cannot give them away very fast.

Well it has been four days and Bucky has not posted the $300 build he said he already had. Must be a slow typist.

November 17, 2009 6:43:03 PM

sugafreebuckeye said:
Ok smart... would you like me to show you a system you can build for $300 now, I can

Buckey - it has been a week since you posted the above saying you knew how to build a $300 gaming system but you still have not shown how. Please show us. Were you just lying when you said the above? Certainly you have not slinked away with your tail between your legs, have you?

You are ignoring your good friend Impaled who rose to your defense and joined you in attacking me, even though all I had done was correctly point out the error in an earlier statement then defend myself from your name calling and abusive personal attacks. After telling me to "shut up", he posted a build trying to help - although at the $400 level not the $300 - and you have not even given your friend the courtesy of a response or a thank you.

Also, how do you explain that no one else came up with a $300 build either. 658 visits by people interested in the topic and not one $300 build.

Oh yes, and you said you were planning to build in two weeks - which period is almost up. What have you decided on for the new system?
November 17, 2009 7:22:24 PM

Ah well w.e I'm trying to prove it could possible be done for around the price, aint a big deal i just felt that I should offer my help to someone whom is obviously looking for a cheap pc gaming fix. Sorry to offend your rocky, but at the time I was really trying to help the OP.
November 17, 2009 8:17:49 PM

Why do you have to insult me to help him figure out a build? And you can help him figure out build without condoning, silently or otherwise, his abusive behavior and lying to readers. You should have sided with me on those issues even while trying to help with build, not attack me and tell me to shut up.

Your excuse does not wash but I accept your conciliatory tone.

This site used to be frequented by mostly civil people looking for and giving help. But lately a bunch of rude rabid internet kids have been popping in who apparently have no concept of civil behavior or treating others with respect. Most readers and posters just ignore the disrespect but I choose not to be a silent victim of such abusive behavior.
!