Only reason I mentioned RAID10 is because that card doesn't seem to support RAID5. I'd still like to RAID5 if possible.
I'm going back and trying to find a motherboard that supports four SATA3 drives in a RAID5 or RAID10 but it's proving difficult.
This is the search I'm currently using on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627%20600093976%20600026696%20600079335%20600029969&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Order=RATING&PageSize=20
I was looking at the MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) but the wording on all of these motherboard specifications makes it difficult to determine if they offer what I'm looking for.
Below is taken directly from MSI's website...
• SATAII controller integrated in Intel® P67 (B3) chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports four SATAII ports (SATA3~6) by P67 (B3) PCH
• SATAIII controller integrated in Intel® P67 (B3) & Marvell SE9128 chipsets
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATAIII ports (SATA1~2) by P67 (B3) PCH
- Supports two SATAIII ports (SATA7~8) by Marvell SE9128
- SATA1~6 ports support RAID 0/1/5/10 mode by Intel P67 (B3) PCH
- SATA7~8 ports support RAID 0/1 mode by Marvell SE9128
If I understand that correctly, ports 1-6 can be RAID'd in a 5 or 10 configuration but only ports 1&2 actually support SATA3.