Intel Core I5 2500K temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

areszues92

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
My ambient room temp is 30C-32C, according to a few sensor softwares, my 4 core temps are 41,42,42,40 CPU temp is 30. Is it normal?It's OC'ed to 4 ghz on a hyper 212+ with tuniq tx-2 thermal paste.

Ignore the "CPU temp" and believe the individual core temps instead. They are far more accurate.

And yes, those temps are within range for that overclock and cooler.

I'm stability testing my 2500K at 5.0GHz right now, and it's peaking in the upper 60sºC with a Scythe Rasetsu cooler and excellent case cooling.

bCubed

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Those temps are not horrible by any means. I'm not 100% sure about Sandy Bridges but the previous generation "i" processors were in danger when they are close to 100C which is when they start to automatically throttle down or even turn off in order not to get damaged. So i wouldn't be worried about these temps, especially on an OC'ed PCU.

The TjMax for Sandy Bridge is 98ºC. You have nothing to worry about.

For s safety margin, I like to keep mine below 75ºC for an everyday overclocked temp.

Oh, and to get your true load temps, you need to run Prime95 in Torture Test mode using the "In-place large FFTs" setting for at least an hour. Even better is using IntelBurnTest v2.50 set to Maximum for 10 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.