64 meg graphics card.

will this be enough to run the game?
& whats a T & L graphics card, as I've heard this is needed to run the
game?
I have an NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440 card installed (64meg) seems to play
recent games ok. will this be ok & do other sims 2 users use the same
card. I know 64 meg cards are the minimum standard these days.
I've sifted through the eBay listings & alot of people claim to be
selling there sims2 due to the fact that there pc can't handle it.

I would be greatful for any info recieved,

Rich.

millt® wrote:
> will this be enough to run the game?
> & whats a T & L graphics card, as I've heard this is needed to run the
> game?
> I have an NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440 card installed (64meg) seems to play
> recent games ok. will this be ok & do other sims 2 users use the same
> card. I know 64 meg cards are the minimum standard these days.
> I've sifted through the eBay listings & alot of people claim to be
> selling there sims2 due to the fact that there pc can't handle it.
>
> I would be greatful for any info recieved,
>
> Rich.

Same card as me it works fine

"millt®" <richardmarkadamsTHEOBVIOUSBIT@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:fha7o0hhlflmmvduim02in1rhutn77l9au@4ax.com...
> will this be enough to run the game?
> & whats a T & L graphics card, as I've heard this is needed to
run the
> game?
> I have an NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440 card installed (64meg) seems to
play
> recent games ok. will this be ok & do other sims 2 users use the
same
> card. I know 64 meg cards are the minimum standard these days.
> I've sifted through the eBay listings & alot of people claim to
be
> selling there sims2 due to the fact that there pc can't handle
it.

> I would be greatful for any info recieved,
>
> Rich.

The game is playable on my laptop which has 64mb of integrated ATI
graphics. Performance is slow and many features are turned off. (By
default.) On the flipside, I upgraded the video card in my desktop
to a Geforce FX 5200 with 256mb of RAM. It was not an expensive
card and the performance lift is amazing. You might consider a
small investment.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-128-164&depa=0

"millt®" <richardmarkadamsTHEOBVIOUSBIT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> will this be enough to run the game?
> & whats a T & L graphics card, as I've heard this is needed to run the
> game?
> I have an NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440 card installed (64meg) seems to play
> recent games ok. will this be ok & do other sims 2 users use the same
> card. I know 64 meg cards are the minimum standard these days.
> I've sifted through the eBay listings & alot of people claim to be
> selling there sims2 due to the fact that there pc can't handle it.
>
> I would be greatful for any info recieved,
>
> Rich.

it will work, depends what RAM you have, if you have 512 MB or over of DDR
memory and a decent processor (2ghz + pentium or AMD 2500+) amd processors
seem to be able to handle the load better than intels

i have a 1.9ghz AMD (AMD2600+) it works smoothly

T&L will almost likely be on your card if it is nvidia AGP card or even PCI
card, if it is onboard it may not be

even so the requiremnt is to have Textures and layers on systems with less
than 2 ghz+ processor otherwise its ok

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:07:36 -0000, "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk>
wrote:

>"millt®" <richardmarkadamsTHEOBVIOUSBIT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> will this be enough to run the game?
>> & whats a T & L graphics card, as I've heard this is needed to run the
>> game?
>> I have an NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440 card installed (64meg) seems to play
>> recent games ok. will this be ok & do other sims 2 users use the same
>> card. I know 64 meg cards are the minimum standard these days.
>> I've sifted through the eBay listings & alot of people claim to be
>> selling there sims2 due to the fact that there pc can't handle it.
>>
>> I would be greatful for any info recieved,
>>
>> Rich.
>>

>it will work, depends what RAM you have, if you have 512 MB or over of DDR
>memory and a decent processor (2ghz + pentium or AMD 2500+) amd processors
>seem to be able to handle the load better than intels
>
>i have a 1.9ghz AMD (AMD2600+) it works smoothly
>
>T&L will almost likely be on your card if it is nvidia AGP card or even PCI
>card, if it is onboard it may not be
>
>even so the requiremnt is to have Textures and layers on systems with less
>than 2 ghz+ processor otherwise its ok

---------
Thanks for the reply,
I run 1 Gig DDR 333 pc 2700 Ram
on a 2.2 amd.
will give the game a go, Thanks again for your advice.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:54:58 +0100, millt®
<richardmarkadamsTHEOBVIOUSBIT@hotmail.com> wrote:

>will this be enough to run the game?
>& whats a T & L graphics card, as I've heard this is needed to run the
>game?
>I have an NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440 card installed (64meg) seems to play
>recent games ok. will this be ok & do other sims 2 users use the same
>card. I know 64 meg cards are the minimum standard these days.
>I've sifted through the eBay listings & alot of people claim to be
>selling there sims2 due to the fact that there pc can't handle it.
>
>I would be greatful for any info recieved,
>
>Rich.

Thanks to everyone for great advice, Much appriciated.

Rich :)