japnoise99

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I own a NZXT Alpha case and was thinking about upgrading my cooler along with my cpu soon. The case is fairly small but I enjoy the small footprint. What cooling options would I have for an AM3 setup?

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Corsair H50. Its a self contained water cooler that doesn't block any ram slots on an AM3 mobo.

fafner

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010

You didn't tell us what CPU you'll be using. If you get one of the 45w or 65w athlon's cooling will be a piece of cake. I run a sempron 140 OCed to 3510MHz on a FANLESS thermalright ultra 90. Stressed on Prime95 for 20 mins. temperature never exceeds 50degC.

airwolfflies

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
You said you want to go with an AM3 setup. Good choice. I just built a new system and while I was building it I considered several options to keep the cpu cool.
I decided to go with a Musscool Water Cooling System and I got it at Fry's for les than 65 bucks!
It has a very small footprint(Doesn't take up much space) and installation was quite easy.Goto photo bucket.com and look for airwolfflies photo album and you will see what my install looks like and there are detailed pics of how it fits inside my mid tower case.
My setup consists of the Asus M4N78 Pro mother board, 6GB of DDR2 RAM with a Cyclo Cooler for the RAM, 1GB Nvidea 9500 GT video card, Liknsys PCI wireless card, 1TB SATA HD and the Samsung 22X Speed plus burner.

My cpu has never been beyond 32C with the Musscool cpu cooler and I know if you get it for yourself, you will be glad you bought it.

Hope my suggestion works for you.
airwolfflies.