Sign in with
Your question
Solved

P6X58D-E Weird Error!

Last response: in Motherboards
May 10, 2010 9:22:57 PM

Hi, I'm getting a weird error.This is a new build i've just made and won't work at first boot...P6X58D-E,Cpu is i7 930,ram are 3x 2gb G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH,power supply 1200w ace.After puting everything on the box i push power boutton and everything seem fine i can heard one short bip that in the book say it vga that is detected, screen pop up and BAM! http://membres.multimania.fr/lqdiablo/Bam.JPG this screen of death appear i don't know what to do the keyboard dosen't seem to respond i tired 3 different one and nothing help.One more thing im useing a old pci video card for test as i am waiting for my gtx 470 not arrive yet.I Also tired moving ram and using 1, 2 ,3 nothing help.As the computer boot i cannot see the cpu GHz and number of ram with OK!
it just go to the screen i'm showing.Everything is from ebay and all was sealed in original package exept for the mother board that was in the original box unsealed,seller say it was new.I can't find what wrong any idea?!

More about : p6x58d weird error

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 297 V Motherboard
May 10, 2010 9:44:11 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Mobo from ebay, IMO isn't new.
m
l
May 10, 2010 10:35:21 PM

IMO?

Also i forgot to say i don't have floppy disk or cd dvd rom installed.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 297 V Motherboard
May 10, 2010 11:28:26 PM

In My Opinion = IMO

The floppy or DVD drive don't affect in nothing. My suggest is that return the mobo to the seller, or tell him that u want test the mobo with he in the place because u can't boot ur rig.

P.D. What OS do u have or want install?
May 10, 2010 11:56:52 PM

Will install window xp sp3, i have posted on asus forum also to have them check if my ram are compatible.It say it compatible with P6X58D premium at g.skill website but i can only supose it was for the P6X58D-E, not sure...BTW everything that was on the motherboard box was sealed in bag that i had to cut to use Ex: the back plate, cable...everything seem legit.I'm Also asking the ebay seller who has 3043 feedback 100% power seller.
m
l
May 11, 2010 2:39:31 PM

My bios may be corrupted, the seller of the motherboard offred to handle the warranty on the motherboard for me.Sending it back for now.My next post will probably be positive :D  BTW Thanks.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 297 V Motherboard
May 11, 2010 2:44:34 PM

Good!, nice vendor and good warranty.

Enjoy ur new rig. :) 
m
l
May 26, 2010 7:07:24 AM

The new motherboard is working fine.During the replacement i have receive my video card.2 Gtx 470, got one bad new about them, one just die in half a hour.My computer was doing some random freeze then was freezing every time desktop open.I have removed both of them and tired using only one and was working fine,played game etc.After that i swap it for the other one and window is freezing on desktop everytime, my guess it that the card is dead and have failed, sad... it was brand new one how cheap.I have to admit that all i did at first was putting them in sli mode activated it and runned videocardstabilitytest,i did the banchmark and got 468fps while it was running i was looking at temperature and the card that has started to fail half a hour later was the first one and had 92C at the end of the test.Many people said that 90C is near normal temp for those card,thier maximum is 105C on specification.The second card was 89C tough in the same test and haven't failed...so i may be making mistake.
m
l
June 7, 2010 11:37:00 PM

Best answer selected by multisync.
m
l
May 22, 2012 6:44:24 PM

been fine for 2 year now, i just came back to say that the 1200w a-power ace just died this morning, worth crap... poor ace psu.I just hope nothing else is blown i need a new power supply and they are not cheap at all.

What would i need for stuck i7-930 and 2 gtx 470?
im looking for good power supply a resonable price.
im heavy gamer too, i need one that can run fine on load.

Thanks.
m
l
May 23, 2012 6:20:06 PM

Well i guess i cannot go wrong with the thermaltake 1200w tough power W0216RU i just bought.
m
l
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
May 23, 2012 11:05:07 PM

Stick with Corsair, SeaSonic or Enermax ; PSU calculator - http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/ ; it depends on the OC.

I would look at the Corsair Professional Series HX1050 (semi-modular) or AX1200, otherwise the SeaSonic X-SERIES X-1050.
m
l
!