Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Heatsinks
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2009 11:34:21 AM

Hello everyone
I would like to know if there is any heatsink in the market that is better and less noisy than the stock one of a 5870 card!Are the gpu and the memory modules placed at the same place on the board as in a 4870 card? Im asking this because i wanna see if i can fit an aftermarket 4870 heatsink

More about : ati 5870 heatsink

November 16, 2009 12:42:46 PM

5870 is bigger than 4870x2 so no
November 16, 2009 2:53:50 PM

is there any heatsink available in the market? or is it yet too soon
Related resources
November 16, 2009 3:13:04 PM

Is your 5870 really THAT noisy? I haev an ASUS 5870 and it is pretty quiet. Granted if I manually change it to 60+ % fan duty it sounds like a leaf blower. However, The hottest I have seen it so far is just over 80C and remains pretty quiet. Maybe Asus have a more conservative fan profile and it doesn't spin up that high and allows the card to heat up more than other brands.

A good cooler for the 5870 will probably not be very cheap when it comes out. Unless you plan to do some heavy overclocking there is really no need for an aftermarket cooler. You can always use some app to change the fan profiles so it is quieter. Although I have found most apps don't support these cards yet. ATI Tray Tools is my choice app and it crashes because it doesn't support the card.
November 16, 2009 6:26:00 PM

when the card is set using the stock clocks there is no need for the turbine to rev so high so the noise is not bothering me! In most cases other fans in my case are louder than the atis's fan! What i wanted is to explore the potentials of the card using only aircooling! Watercooling is not an option since i buy new equipment for testing all the time!

If you try to set the fan beyond 35% the noise noticable

I think i can spend up to 40 euros for a new heatsink! I do not believe that heatsinks for the new card will be significantly more expensive than the 4870 i previously had
!