Sign in with
Your question

Which MOBO drivers do I need?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2010 8:43:52 AM

Hi!

I just formated my computer/Hard drive and reinstalled vista.

Okay, well, I wanted to have the absolute latest drivers, so i went to msi.com to get my motherboard drivers.

My card is an intel p35 neo,
http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=d [...] od_no=1215

but, there are like 4 drivers there, I figured I needed the one at the bottom and the one at the top (chipset and sound)
But what are those in the middle and for what do I need them?

Also, when Vista was installed it said at the welcome screen, standard VGA graphics card (the built in one)

But when restarting it said 8800 GTX, and I havent manually installed graphics drivers yet, is it so that Vista auto updates graphics drivers? Can you trust that it is the latest if thats the case?

If it is so that Vista auto updated my graphics card, does it update my mobo as well? and then which updates has it possibly made?

Sorry for a retarded and paranoid post but, I just wanna be sure,

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Erik

More about : mobo drivers

May 11, 2010 10:08:07 AM

You'll need to install these set of drivers manually:

Sound, Graphics and Wireless if you have a wireless card.

Windows Vista calls all graphics cards a VGAdisplay adapter it meant your dedicated graphics, but it just said VGA.

To answer your question about the 4 drivers their there for other operating systems like XP/Vista/Windows 7.

Don't let Vista do your drivers, try to find them yourself. If you have the disc like for your 8800 GTX put it in and install all your drivers. If you have your motherboard disc put it in and install all your drivers. If you don't have them just look for them on google.com/bing.com or just ask us to find them for you. Thanx.
a c 292 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2010 1:58:38 PM

Hi.

The 4 basic drivers are:

1- GPU
2- Network
3- Audio
4- Chipset.

Now, if u also want a RAID in ur mobo u need that driver.

The best options for install that drivers is download the last version from the manufacturer's web page and install it one by one. Usually the CD/DVD that comes with the mobo haven't the last driver.

For the GPU is the same thing, is better download the last driver from the chipset manufacturer's web site (in ur case nVidia).
Related resources
May 11, 2010 2:26:23 PM

saint19 said:
Hi.

The 4 basic drivers are:

1- GPU
2- Network
3- Audio
4- Chipset.

Now, if u also want a RAID in ur mobo u need that driver.

The best options for install that drivers is download the last version from the manufacturer's web page and install it one by one. Usually the CD/DVD that comes with the mobo haven't the last driver.

For the GPU is the same thing, is better download the last driver from the chipset manufacturer's web site (in ur case nVidia).

Okay, well, I did install the one which i guess is the chipset, the one at the bottom of the list at: msi.com
i also took the one at the top which is for sound.

that RAID SATA thing is that if I have more than one hard drive? cuz i dont.

and the one called LAN or something, what is it for? I get access to internet and network through my LAN cable (from the computer to the router).

But when you said network, did you mean wireless? cuz i have a dlink dir 547 card so i will install that, but perhaps u meant LAN network driver or something?
a c 292 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2010 2:39:13 PM

1- Ur link doesn't work
2- Yeah, the RAID SATA controller is if u want more that one HD in a special array.
3- LAN driver is the driver for network connection, in other words Internet.
4- With network connection I mean to wired connections (over cable), the Wireless connection have his own driver that comes with the CD when u bought the DIR-547.
May 11, 2010 5:02:38 PM

saint19 said:
1- Ur link doesn't work
2- Yeah, the RAID SATA controller is if u want more that one HD in a special array.
3- LAN driver is the driver for network connection, in other words Internet.
4- With network connection I mean to wired connections (over cable), the Wireless connection have his own driver that comes with the CD when u bought the DIR-547.

Heres the thing, I can use the cable to get internet, and I havent updated it, Vista might have done it automatically as it did with my GPU.
So I guess I can just move on and use my computer as normal?

And yeah i downloaded the driver for the wireless.
a c 292 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
May 11, 2010 6:21:09 PM

Vista and Win 7 comes with networks drivers and Video generic driver, that's the reason of ur internet connection and video.

U can use ur computer normally, my only suggest to u is that update the Video driver to the driver manufacturer.
May 11, 2010 8:40:14 PM

Make sure your finding the 32bit or 64bit drivers depending on what you have installed for an operating system.
!