4.6 overclock question

Thanks in advance for anyone taking time to respond. I have recently blown up a psu (its listed in the cpu and parts forum) and purchased a new ocz 100watt zx series. Everything was fine however, I noticed slight stuttering when playing the game Skyrim..sometimes heavy framrate drops. I was wondering if the voltage I used on the old blown up psu for my oc would need to be modified for a new psu and could this be the cause of the framerate drop...being not enough votage? Basically, I found that playing battlefield with the new psu has alleviated the major stutters I would see while turning quickly or flying. I can oonly guess that this is because my cards need a little extra juice for those graphical scenarios, and they now have the juice. Any feedback would be apreciated. Also, I have a bottom mounted psu. Should I put the pse upside down with the fan in the case? I originally had it right side up with the psu fan on the bottom as I have a little air flow grill but its way to small for the 140mm fan. So I switched it. Thanks again in advance.

My specs are:

2600k Oc'd to 4.6 (voltage to 1.38)
z68x-ud3h-b3 gigabyte mobo
16 gig corsair vengeance @ 1600 (extreme setting in mobo)
sli 560ti (1) msi twin frozr (card 1) and (1) Zotac (card 2) (both 1 gig vram)
hitachi 7200 rpm sata 1.5 tb
1000Watt psu (ocz zx series)
1 answer Last reply
More about overclock question
  1. Fan needs to face upwards (I found that out the hard way before) and your new PSU has more than enough power to handle the overclocked 2600K
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking